what to do to change custody of out of state 16yr old?

I did my research when he moved to texas and because my son wanted to go at the time I still had no leg to stand on. I appreciate your current response much more than your previous. Thank you. I understand it seems I want to control him as well, but I am not forcing him to stay with me and I am not giving him rules he doesn't want. He is completely aware of the rules and he is choosing them for himself. I don't see that as controlling, I'm sorry. Thank you for replying, I do appreciate your time.

I did my research when he moved to texas and because my son wanted to go at the time I still had no leg to stand on. I appreciate your current response much more than your previous. Thank you. I understand it seems I want to control him as well, but I am not forcing him to stay with me and I am not giving him rules he doesn't want. He is completely aware of the rules and he is choosing them for himself. I don't see that as controlling, I'm sorry. Thank you for replying, I do appreciate your time.

If you believe your son is safe, well fed, clothed, being educated, staying out of trouble with the law, dad is a good parent; then tell your son that you think it best he stay where he wanted to be just two, short years ago.

You're in his life, and you're being a good mom.

Let him know that in a few more months he'll become an adult (age 18), not too far away.

When he becomes an adult, you'll come and take him to reside with you, or see that he travels to your home.

I suspicion that if he were allowed to live with you, he'd want to live with dad in six or nine months.

Kids are fickle. That's where parents are required to settle them down, keep them progressing towards becoming a responsible, one day independent adult.

Not sure if I missed this but how was Dad able to gain custody over you? Yes you could have fought the moved and would have likely prevailed since it interfere with your time with child.

Back