What should we do about this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy2chase

My husband and I are wondering what we should do about the custody of his and his ex-wife's daughter. I will change the daughters name to Mary and the moms name is Jackie (haha) because you might understand the story a little better if I use names. Anyways, my husband has custody of Mary and she is supposed to go to her mom's house every other weekend. Mary's mother is supposed to be paying child support, court ordered, which she never has, and she has not been in Mary's life ever until now. She was in and out of jail, living hotel to hotel, I think she had a drug problem and went to rehab, she was gay for years and just here recently she found this guy and was married to him within a month and that is who she is married to now. Mary's mom also has another kid which is by her step-dad and her mom is still married to a guy that had an offspring with her daughter, so that kid's dad is also his grandpa! But just here recently since she got married, Mary's mom has been running around with a cape that says
"SUPER MOM" on the chest acting like she just cares about Mary, she never calls Mary, she waits for Mary to call her. And my husband being the nice guy, I cant stand sometimes for being so nice to people, he started letting Mary go to her mom's house like the divorce papers say, I guess so they will maybe have a relationship, which every girl needs to have a good relationship with her birth mom, but if it is going to hurt you by maybe teen pregnancy, maybe it's best you don't have one?! But in the 2 weeks she has been down there, I will tell you some of the things she has been exposed to. (AND KEEP IN MIND MARY IS ONLY 9 YEARS OLD) I will start with the list now, * Mary's mom tries to set her up 15 year old boys (Mary is going to be able to get pregnant pretty soon), * Jackie calls for Mary and acts like she is the one that wants to talk but then when Mary gets the phone Jackie puts a boy on the phone, * Jackie has offered her to drink beer, * After Jackie's now husband went to bed one night, Jackie took Mary out for a ride in the car after Jackie had been drinking, * Jackie has left her in the pool unsupervised, * Jackie had no communication with Mary from X-Mas 07 - Aug. 08, and Aug. is when she got married, * Mary came home one weekend from Jackie's house and was looking up "how to have sex" on mine and my husband's computer the same night she came home, * Jackie tells Mary that if she gets me and my husband (Mary's daddy) to get a divorce that she will come back and it will be like old times, (That's fine to dream because me and MY husband have been married for 3 years, we have a 14 month old and have another due in Feb. so there's no chance in that happening) * Jackie fills Mary's head with things about me which get Mary turned against me therefore making our relationship more distant. I can tell since Mary has been having more interaction with Jackie that she don't seem to like me as much, and that's not a good thing because I am NOT going anywhere because me and my husband are happily married, and besides that me and Mary need to be able to get along because we have to live together. * Oh, and Jackie's sister also sent me a MySpace message from a guys profile acting like I was cheating on my husband so my husband will see it and get mad at me for something I have no intentions in doing, and if I were to cheat on my husband I wouldn't do it pregnant because I wouldn't want to put my unborn baby in jeopardy with a STD. But it was just the fact that Jackie's sister was just trying to mess up my marriage and trust I have with my husband, that makes me so mad about that, me and my husband don't bother these people either, so I don't understand what their big fascination is with wanting us divorced! But that's just some of the things that have been going on within the past month. So now my question is, should we try for full custody and forget about child support, because she don't work and she cant pay it, go for supervised visits and forget about child support, or just forget about all that and just keep having her locked up for non-payment? We have an appointment with a lawyer this afternoon but I just wanted some ideas to run by him and just to see what other people thought about this situation. And what direction you all might go with it. But thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back