What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sccmhh

I found out a month ago that i have a three year old daughter. Now i have to pay her mother child support and I have her practically all the time. my wife babysits Monday through Friday and she stays the night Thursday through Monday. Is it right that I have to pay her the child support and take care of her throughout the week and weekend. Every time her mom comes to pick her up she throws a big fit should I be worried that there is some thing going on that she just wont tell me about. She tells me all the time that she don't want to go to her moms. Now I have a two year old and a nine month old and I have never seen a child throw a fit like that. PLEASE HELP. What should I do?

If the child is spending that much time with NCP then perhaps a modification of support or even custody might be in order

Yes, it seems likely that the support you are paying is based on the child being with mom. If she is with you more often the amount should be less. The only way to amend this is to get a modification order.

yes i am the father but i have had her 28 out of the past 31 days. So should i still have to pay child support even though i have bought clothes for over here and food and other necessities?

I think we answered that already. Yes based on your post seek a modification of support and possibly custody as well. If there is a change in custody you could then collect child support from Mom

You will need familiarize yourself with the court order and laws for your state.

The advice you have already been given is good, except one thing could stand in your way.

I don't know about your state, but a lot of states have clauses that will prevent a custody and visitation order from being changed within the first six month of the date of the first order.

This is to prevent one parent from taking the other to court every other month, a lot of the time, wasting the courts time.

Last edited:
Please clarify, Dad - how many OVERNIGHTS have you had with the child during the past say, 6 months?

Given that it's only been a month, I'd hold off if I were Dad. One month of what's basically 50/50 is not going to count for much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back