what should i do about custody threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris_in_texas

Me And My Boyfriend Have A 1yr Old Little Boy And Lately Have Been Fighting Almost Everyday. When We Fight He Always Tells Me That If I Leave Him, He Will Take Me To Court And File For Custody Of Our Son And Will Spend Whatever Dollar Amount To Make Sure That Happens. His Family Is Wealthy And Will Help Him No Matter What It Cost. I Dont Know What To Do. I Would Never Give Up My Rights To My Son, But I Dont Have Thousands Of Dollars To Cover Court Fees Or A Lawyer. I Dont Know My Rights On The Issue Or The First Thing To Do About It, So For The Meantime I've Decided To Just 'play Nice" Till I Can Get Myself On My Feet. I Lost My Job A Few Weeks Ago And Have No Family Here Where I Live. Im Doing My Best To Get Another Job Asap. I Just Need To Know The Best Option To Take. Please Help.

Type normally and use paragraphs.

Your post is unreadable.

Stop listening to his threats. First of all you need get a job if you do not have one already. Find a place to live or a roommate situation close by. Dad is pretty much going to have to prove you totally unfit in order to get custody. He certainly is entitled to joint custody and visitation.

Your best bet is to maybe call legal aid to see if you qualify for any assistance. Or ask your family for help, but the best thing to do is to try and work out something with him in regardsto custody instead of both of you insisting on an ugly drawn out expensive fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back