What should be settlement offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasintl

I was rear ended in hit and run case in May 2010.I don't have personal injury protection or collision+comprehensive coverage. So third party insurance company is involved.Of course I was not at fault and other driver was who run away.
Car was badly hit and my driver seat was completely broken, obviously I had personal injuries. Because of lack of money I could not go to doctor yet and third party insurance company all state is not ready to pay for my medical bills as they incur, they said they will pay only at the end of claim. They did pay for my total loss claim after lot of headache in negotiation. So, at last I decided to ask for settlement offer and they offered me $2000. I know it is low ball offer and I am wondering what should be ideal offer in my case? I did not spend any money for medical treatment yet, but have two different doctor's exam and diagnosis and and one of them who is chiropractic, quoted $7500 for complete treatment. What should be ideal amount for settlement considering quote of $7500 for future treatment and pain and suffering for last 6 months(accident was in may 2010)?.is it true that usually pain and suffering amount is about 3 times than medical bills etc.? if not how much should be amount for pain and suffering.I did not have any wage loss as I was unemployed. I had this accident in may 2010 and I am still suffering as I could not start treatment yet. I am also wondering is it is true when they say in third party insurance settlement offer they are not required by law, to consider future medical bills that is why their offer of $2000 does not include any payment for future medial bills.

Last edited:
Hire a lawyer. The lawyer will get you a better settlement. It won't cost you any out if picket money.

Also, stay away from chiropractors. Do go to medical doctors and / or osteopathic doctors.

A case like yours ought to cover all medical costs and your cash award ought to be higher. How much? Can't sat for sure, but it probably is representative if your chiropractic fling. Hire a lawyer and be prepared to wait. This isn't usually quick. It takes time.

I was rear ended in hit and run case in May 2010.I don't have personal injury protection or collision+comprehensive coverage. So third party insurance company is involved.Of course I was not at fault and other driver was who run away.
Car was badly hit and my driver seat was completely broken, obviously I had personal injuries. Because of lack of money I could not go to doctor yet and third party insurance company all state is not ready to pay for my medical bills as they incur, they said they will pay only at the end of claim. They did pay for my total loss claim after lot of headache in negotiation. So, at last I decided to ask for settlement offer and they offered me $2000. I know it is low ball offer and I am wondering what should be ideal offer in my case? I did not spend any money for medical treatment yet, but have two different doctor's exam and diagnosis and and one of them who is chiropractic, quoted $7500 for complete treatment. What should be ideal amount for settlement considering quote of $7500 for future treatment and pain and suffering for last 6 months(accident was in may 2010)?.is it true that usually pain and suffering amount is about 3 times than medical bills etc.? if not how much should be amount for pain and suffering.I did not have any wage loss as I was unemployed. I had this accident in may 2010 and I am still suffering as I could not start treatment yet. I am also wondering is it is true when they say in third party insurance settlement offer they are not required by law, to consider future medical bills that is why their offer of $2000 does not include any payment for future medial bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back