Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct What is considered stalking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddub2017

Jurisdiction
Nevada
The Law,
A 2 year relationship with a married coworker abruptly ended.
There was a arguement over the phone. 2 weeks later on her birthday I sent roses, I never received a text or any sort of response. I found out I was blocked from the phone. I called her at work to ask about the roses and was hung up on. I asked her close friend exactly what was the problem. I was then texted a very hostile message a her and her husband going to the police. She claimed was stalking her. Mind you, last year this same thing came up. After a month of vacation, she apologized for letting people think I was stalking and we continued to see each other.
What makes a person a stalker??? What a grounds to gives someone a restraining order?? I kept every text she ever sent me. And when does it become defamation??? Or how can I protect myself

What makes a person a stalker??

When the victim says so.

NRS 200.575Stalking: Definitions; penalties.
1. A person who, without lawful authority, willfully or maliciously engages in a course of conduct that would cause a reasonable person to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, harassed or fearful for the immediate safety of a family or household member, and that actually causes the victim to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, harassed or fearful for the immediate safety of a family or household member, commits the crime of stalking.

All she has to do is BELIEVE that she is a victim and say so in court and you are toast. Judges will exercise caution and routinely issue the restraining order.

What a grounds to gives someone a restraining order??

Exactly what you are doing.

And when does it become defamation???

It doesn't.

how can I protect myself

STOP trying to contact this woman.

ACCEPT the fact that it's over and she wants nothing more to do with you.

It doesn't matter what went before.

I explained my part in the situation. I sent flowers. I called to see if see received them. I asked her friend why her problem was.
Went through a similar situation with the same person last year. At that time we were coworkers. She contacted me after and wanted to renew our relationship. I took a position with another company in Dec.
Call logs and text are proof that I have made an aggressive move toward. Hell, she wears a bracelet that I gave her.
So all she has to do is say it??? No one will question?? What about my reputation??

I explained my part in the situation. I sent flowers. I called to see if see received them. I asked her friend why her problem was.
Went through a similar situation with the same person last year. At that time we were coworkers. She contacted me after and wanted to renew our relationship. I took a position with another company in Dec.
Call logs and text are proof that I have made an aggressive move toward. Hell, she wears a bracelet that I gave her.
So all she has to do is say it??? No one will question?? What about my reputation??

When this began, let's assume you were 500 feet above sea level.

You started digging a hole.

You recently passed the earth's core, and you're on your way to China.

Stop for your sake, mate, if not to preserve your freedom.

There are plenty of fish in the polluted sea of love, leave the one you've offended alone.

Now, you're free to tell me, "Bugger off, loser."

I'll simply smile, and leave you be.

I hope you get it, mate, I really do.

If this person attempts to contact me in the future should I seek legal help??!

Be proactive, just change your numbers, change your email, and if it does contact you, block it.

I doubt that it will contact you.

Ok,ok! I'm a logical person. My ego is in full control. I really want to be right. I'll concede this one. It doesn't feel or seem fair but I get it. I don't like that a person can use that trump card even if they know they aren't in real danger.
Thank you for your time
And your advice......

Be proactive, just change your numbers, change your email, and if it does contact you, block it.

I doubt that it will contact you.

It did it before. It contacted people that knew me. Then ended coming to my place to apologize. It's the husband that demanded this and that's fine with me.
My main concern and pride was compromised with the "word" stalker. Never been accused of that ever. But there is great compulsive need to be right. I got figure out a way to cure that need.
Thank you for advice

Never Smart to engage in a relationship with a married person. Because whether you like it or not there's a third person in your "relationship ".

My main concern and pride was compromised with the "word" stalker.

She said that to make you shut up and go away.

Means nothing, unless you don't shut up and don't go away.

But there is great compulsive need to be right. I got figure out a way to cure that need.

You cure it by thinking with your upstairs brain and not the downstairs brain.

Picture the epitaph of your tombstone.

"He was right. Dead right."

Get it?

The Law,
A 2 year relationship with a married coworker abruptly ended.
There was a arguement over the phone. 2 weeks later on her birthday I sent roses, I never received a text or any sort of response. I found out I was blocked from the phone. I called her at work to ask about the roses and was hung up on. I asked her close friend exactly what was the problem. I was then texted a very hostile message a her and her husband going to the police. She claimed was stalking her. Mind you, last year this same thing came up. After a month of vacation, she apologized for letting people think I was stalking and we continued to see each other.
What makes a person a stalker??? What a grounds to gives someone a restraining order?? I kept every text she ever sent me. And when does it become defamation??? Or how can I protect myself

Yes you're stalking her. She doesn't want to be with you anymore. She decided to be with her husband. So you need to stay away from her.

What grounds gives someone to file for a restraining order? When they feel threatened or are abused. Take a hint - she didn't want your flowers. She blocked your number. She went to the police to get you to stop calling her at work. So leave - her - alone. Go find a woman who is NOT married to be with. Messing around with a married person is a bad idea.

Dude you don't have to be aggressive. When someone BLOCKS you and says "stop calling me" and you keep doing it then you are stalking them if you keep doing it.

Yes you're stalking her. She doesn't want to be with you anymore. She decided to be with her husband. So you need to stay away from her.

What grounds gives someone to file for a restraining order? When they feel threatened or are abused. Take a hint - she didn't want your flowers. She blocked your number. She went to the police to get you to stop calling her at work. So leave - her - alone. Go find a woman who is NOT married to be with. Messing around with a married person is a bad idea.

She's not going to the police. Because she's not being stalked. It's a threat. I just needed to know my options. I didn't know that someone can just say that with any evidence. Now I know.
I'm not shaken by this or having a hard time understanding the legality of this. As far as a married woman goes. She could come and go as she pleased. At anytime she could of text or called and said "Its over!" But has never happened. That's her issue not mine.

Your option is to stop contacting her and to ignore her if she contacts you. That's it. I understand that what you are looking for is some kind of legal action you can take that will make the word, "stalker" go away.

There isn't one.

Your option is to stop contacting her and to ignore her if she contacts you. That's it. I understand that what you are looking for is some kind of legal action you can take that will make the word, "stalker" go away.

There isn't one.
Now I know. Thank You!

Your actions, at least as you describe here, would not likely support a stalking claim. That does not stop her from saying it or stop an investigation if she reports it. I only mean to say if you should ever find yourself in court over it there is apparently no reasonable evidence to support a legitimate fear.
Temporary restraining orders are given out like candy. She could get one for just about any reason she wants to claim before you have a chance to defend. Eventually you would have your day in court to defend against her claims. Assuming she is honest and reports the circumstances as you have given them here, there likely would be no grounds for a permanent order.
There may be other lesser "harassment" statutes that could apply if you keep attempting contact, but it is a far stretch to call what you have described here as stalking.
As was suggested, you are best of to leave this all in the past. Although you could ultimately prevail against any allegations that are made, it is best to not have them be made to begin with. It is time to move on.

There isn't one.[/QUOT
Your actions, at least as you describe here, would not likely support a stalking claim. That does not stop her from saying it or stop an investigation if she reports it. I only mean to say if you should ever find yourself in court over it there is apparently no reasonable evidence to support a legitimate fear.
Temporary restraining orders are given out like candy. She could get one for just about any reason she wants to claim before you have a chance to defend. Eventually you would have your day in court to defend against her claims. Assuming she is honest and reports the circumstances as you have given them here, there likely would be no grounds for a permanent order.
There may be other lesser "harassment" statutes that could apply if you keep attempting contact, but it is a far stretch to call what you have described here as stalking.
As was suggested, you are best of to leave this all in the past. Although you could ultimately prevail against any allegations that are made, it is best to not have them be made to begin with. It is time to move on.

I'm no lawyer that's why I asked. I curious though. Why is your response so different than the others????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back