What does adjudication withheld mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently on community control level 2 for agg. batt. with adjudication withheld, but I work full-time at a pawnshop that is a federally lisenced firearm dealer. Am I able to stay employed there?

I suggest you discuss this with your employer, it is his license at risk.

I'd be willing to say that as long as you did NOT handle the firearms, your conviction doesn't matter.

In other words, don't pawn or sell any firearm.

But, you'd be smart to discuss all of this with your employer!!!!

My lawyer won't return my phone calls or emails. I had an ajudication withheld verdict that was expunged (in the state of florida). I am now told that I cannot work in any medical or legal field. Nor anything to do with children. I now reside in a different state. I would like to go back to school. I don't want to spend money on a degree I will not be able to use. What exactly will come up on my background check? My background is medical. I don't know what to do!

My lawyer won't return my phone calls or emails. I had an ajudication withheld verdict that was expunged (in the state of florida). I am now told that I cannot work in any medical or legal field. Nor anything to do with children. I now reside in a different state. I would like to go back to school. I don't want to spend money on a degree I will not be able to use. What exactly will come up on my background check? My background is medical. I don't know what to do!

I don't know what will appear when someone runs a background check.

If the police run you, anything you've done often appears.

If an employer runs you, most convictions appear.

However, if you've been told to not work at certain occupations, your charges may have involved pilfering or abusing prescription drugs (or other illicit drugs).

The "stay away from kids bit", well that usually derives from sexually related offenses.

I suggest you contact your former probation or parole officer for more exact details and explanations.

It's hard to move on when you have a possession charge. I can't find a job nor a place to live now. What do I have to do move to California and start a grow shop. The government can sell it & grow it! I watched Montel & a guy that was on medical marijuana was smoking it & driving right on tv. HOW CLICHE!

One question......In the state of Florida, county of Baker, my brother was accused of lewd and lascivious, but entered into a plea agreement which was signed by the judge, the attorney, and all, was entered into as "adjudication withheld", but when the judgment was filed in the records, it wasn't entered that way. It has been over 15 years since this happened and he just found out that this is what happened. What if anything can be done to get the record expunged or whatever so that he doesn't show as a sex offender now?

Nothing. He's about 14 years too late. His only hope is to seek a gubernatorial pardon. Res judicata has spoken.

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

I was afraid of that. He was young and dumb and messing with drugs and alcohol! That's what they will do for you. Thanks!

Something I have noticed is that the main state involved in the most issues of Adjudication withheld has been in the state of Florida. I am having the same issues with having completed everything and being told everything would have been dropped with adjudication withheld and it is still showing up on my records from almost seven years ago.

Something I have noticed is that the main state involved in the most issues of Adjudication withheld has been in the state of Florida. I am having the same issues with having completed everything and being told everything would have been dropped with adjudication withheld and it is still showing up on my records from almost seven years ago.

You received what you pled to or was sentenced to receive.

Think about this.

You were arrested, fingerprinted. had your mugshot taken, and background information collected.

That information gets disseminated to your state police agency, county sheriff, and the FBI.

Once it goes out there, its like a FaceBook posting or email.

It is all but impossible to get back, even IF the court orders your records sealed.

Some attorneys fail to explain the ramifications of "deferred adjudication", and clients often refuse to hear what has been said.

Bottom line, there is much more to any arrest and conviction or plea, than what happens in court.

And, even if the state court does its part, it can't force the feds to comply.

Thus, when your name is run, there you are.

On top of the above, there are often newspaper and news accounts of an arrest.

So If someone gets pulled over and their tag is expired and they are to appear before the Judge on a specific date and dont show up and are arrested, then make good on their tag, is that adjudication withheld? they are guilty but made good? That stays on their record?

So If someone gets pulled over and their tag is expired and they are to appear before the Judge on a specific date and dont show up and are arrested, then make good on their tag, is that adjudication withheld? they are guilty but made good? That stays on their record?

No, that's stacking the deck against yourself.
You took a traffic ticket and added a "FTA" (failure to appear) to the menu. Plus, you still have the original ticket.

Read carefully what was said above in this thread.
Adjudication has been thoroughly explained.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Security Clearance with Adjudication withheld?

I have ADJUDICATION WITHHELD (in Florida) from an incident where I was stopped at Target after checking out for not paying for face-wash: I purchased all the other items in the basket and the face wash was under $5. At the time I was in school pursuing a degree in International Relations and a degree in Economics. I was young, didn't want to spend money on a lawyer and was advised to follow the adjudication withheld if I wanted to plead not guilty, take a couple intervention courses & then pay a fine. Now I have my Masters degree (11yrs of school) and I began my college education in hopes of working for the FBI, CIA or Homeland Security. Every time I even try to get an apartment or speak to a potential employer they mention the charge. I have had multiple chances to speak with recruiters and I am scared of rejection since it has been a life long dream. I guess what I am asking is, do you know if I could pass a Security clearance?

Having a charge with adjudication withheld does not prevent you from obtaining most security clearances. Most importantly, you must be totally honest. Most agencies just need to know that there is nothing in your past that can be used to someone's nefarious advantage.

If your disposition said adjudication withheld can you get your record seal or expluge.
You mean "expunge" your record. Typically adjudication withheld means that there isn't a decision on the matter as to whether you are guilty or innocent of the charges. It's a second chance where, if you complete something successfully (typically stay out of trouble for a certain time period), then the charges will be dismissed. It's a type of alternative sentencing also known as deferred adjudication (delay in time of having to make a judgment on the case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back