What do I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terriparker

My 8 yr old daughter's Biological Father, does not pay child support and has not paid one cent, since she was born.
He is not even named on her Birth Cert.
He visits with her only occasionally. Several months go between visits and no phone calls or contact of any kind are up held between any vists that he may request to have.
He has gotten very angry with me and my husband if we tell him he can't see her.
Since he does not pay child support or has not helped in any of her up bringing, do we have to allow him to see her? Do we have the right to make this decision?
He has since re-married and moved to Louisiana,he has requested to have her come down for 2 weeks in July. My husband and I do not think we are obligated to allow the visit to Louisiana. We have requested that all visit's be in Dallas Tx. only.
Can we tell him no?
Please help!!??
Terri Parker::confused:

Last edited:
Originally posted by terriparker:
My 8 yr old daughter's Biological Father, does not pay child support and has not paid one cent, since she was born.
He is not even named on her Birth Cert.
He visits with her only occasionally. Several months go between visits and no phone calls or contact of any kind are up held between any vists that he may request to have.
He has gotten very angry with me and my husband if we tell him he can't see her.
Since he does not pay child support or has not helped in any of her up bringing, do we have to allow him to see her? Do we have the right to make this decision?
He has since re-married and moved to Louisiana,he has requested to have her come down for 2 weeks in July. My husband and I do not think we are obligated to allow the visit to Louisiana. We have requested that all visit's be in Dallas Tx. only.
Can we tell him no?
Please help!!??
This is not an easy question to discuss without seeing all the paperwork. To begin, are you saying that your daughter's father is not paying support voluntarily since she is his daughter? Is there any legal recognition that she is his daughter?

While there are statutes regarding child abandonment that would limit legal visitation rights (usually one year or more) I would not necessarily rely upon these. It is possible that the father may demand a paternity test at some point to enforce his visitation rights. At the same time, it may also subject him to back child support so it seems like a double edged sword which can help and hurt the father at the same time. You may do best consulting with a local attorney regarding the specific issues involved (referrals available upon request by clicking here -- best of luck to you.

Yes I do have papers, Paternity Papers showig that he is the father.
So now what?
They where done in the begining when she was very small, there was a question then ( from his family) if she was his child or not.
How ever it was and still is very obvious that he is her daddy, Just look at her, you can see him all over her !!! She is the " SPITTIN IMAGE" of her Dad.
I wish he would take me to court so we could get this resolved.
He and his wife where in Dallas this weekend ............ They wanted to take her with them back to Lousianna for 2 weeks. I had all ready told them that she would not be leaving the state and that they could see her all they liked while they were in town.
They never once, this last weekend called or tryed to visit with her. They left to go home this morning.
They where trying to make me out to be the bad guy and look what they did, my baby knew they where here last weekend. She is beside herself!!!!!

:confused:
Terri:mad:

Originally posted by terriparker:
Yes I do have papers, Paternity Papers showig that he is the father.
So now what?
They where done in the begining when she was very small, there was a question then ( from his family) if she was his child or not.
How ever it was and still is very obvious that he is her daddy, Just look at her, you can see him all over her !!! She is the " SPITTIN IMAGE" of her Dad.
I wish he would take me to court so we could get this resolved.
He and his wife where in Dallas this weekend ............ They wanted to take her with them back to Lousianna for 2 weeks. I had all ready told them that she would not be leaving the state and that they could see her all they liked while they were in town.
They never once, this last weekend called or tryed to visit with her. They left to go home this morning.
They where trying to make me out to be the bad guy and look what they did, my baby knew they where here last weekend. She is beside herself!!!!!

:confused:
Terri:mad:
Have you filed for support obligations? Has he defied a court order for support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back