What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auny82

Last night my husband picked me up out of a chair threw me on the ground and pinned me there. Cops came and took him in. I am under orders of protection. The judge will issue when he can be dismissed. My concern is he will go to the bank and drain our money. We have 3 kids. How does the financial part work on a seperation?

Last night my husband picked me up out of a chair threw me on the ground and pinned me there. Cops came and took him in. I am under orders of protection. The judge will issue when he can be dismissed. My concern is he will go to the bank and drain our money. We have 3 kids. How does the financial part work on a seperation?

IF you both are on the bank account, why don't YOU go to the bank and take ALL of YOUR money before he beats you to the punch????

The money in a joint bank account belongs EQUALLY to ALL of the signatories on said account.

If there is $20,000 in such an account, any signatory on said account can LEGALLY withdraw $19,999 without any legal ramifications.

As army judge said if it's a joint bank acct., take the money out & put it in an account with your name only.

If it's in a JOINT account neither party should be withdrawing everything.

Doing that can backfire tremendously in a divorce settlement.

OP, take out half then. You will need some money.

PS - Good point, Pro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back