What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

I have a court order giving me sole legal and physical custody of my 5 children (ex has no contact with the children). After the order was in place, my ex husband added the children to his new wife's insurance policy and never told me about it. (the children were still covered by medicaid and now through my policy at work). I found out he had added the children 6 months after he had added them when I got a call from my children's doctor asking for the new insurance information (which I knew nothing about). I immediately contacted my ex to ask for the insurance information. He refused to give it to me and told me it was none of my business. I asked hmi to have the children removed from the policy and he refused. I have contacted my ex wife's employer to try to have the children removed from this policy, but they refuse to do it. They say that the custody order does not specifically say that they can not add the children and will not remove them without a court order. The problem comes in because medicaid is a secondary insurance when there is another insurance policy in effect. I can not get the information regarding the other insurance in order for them to be billed, therefore medicaid can not be billed. My children are now being denied services due to this issue. What do I need to do to have my children removed from this policy? (I can't afford another attorney. I spent over $8000 on my divorce and am not even getting child support despite him being under court order. I spoke with legal aid and they said it was not an issue they could help me with). Please, someone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back