What are the father's rights?

AJ I fear her motivation is not child but saving what appears to be a doomed relationship.

Shinkmaster, my friend, sadly I presume you're correct.

The things some people are compelled to do against their better judgment always makes me sad.

It's pretty pointless because she's obviously staying. She has all the answers it's on her now.

Name him, don't name him. Stay. Leave. It's up to you.

I think saying I don't know who the father is would cause some drama. I do know he's the father for sure and he'd be there in the hospital with me. I'm just looking for reasons to not sign right away until I'm more sure, without causing him to feel suspicious.
My husband's ex refused to put his name on his kids' birth certificates, even though they lived together and were still together and he was right there when the kids were born. She didn't have to say anything like she didn't know who the father was, and she never denied it was him, but she was allowed to leave him off the birth certificate because they weren't married. (Not sure why she did that, but it backfired on her a few years later when she dumped him and wanted child support and had to jump through a lot of hoops with DNA testing and all before she could get child support.)

Frankly, it amazes me that ALL babies aren't DNA tested at birth.
Several medical tests are performed, and gave been for decades.
DNA testing provides a great amount of information beyond identification of the biological mother and father.

By the way legal advice comes from an Attorney you share an Attorney/Client relationship with not websites who use non lawyer volunteers to answer questions

By the way legal advice comes from an Attorney you share an Attorney/Client relationship with not websites who use non lawyer volunteers to answer questions

"AJ I fear her motivation is not child but saving what appears to be a doomed relationship." I find this statement pretty insulting and it has nothing to do with me not being able to handle the truth. You don't know what my motivations are and what my relationship is like aside from basic points I have listed here. What you draw from that is your own conclusion and personal opinion, which I'm not here for.

I believe what everyone's been giving me can be classified as legal advice. Wouldn't you say? I think if I wanted to discuss my relationship I'd seek advice elsewhere.

BexcyRex, anything a human being says (Good or Bad) is just noise.

The wind makes noise.
I make noise.

Just keep your head held high, live the best life you can.
We all have haters.
I could waste hours telling you about mine.
I look at it like this, if i don't listen, I can't hear.
That makes me laugh whenever I simply walk away from an argument.
That alone has changed my life.
The most important thing here is that you do all the good you can for that precious child you have.

Good luck.

BexcyRex, anything a human being says (Good or Bad) is just noise.

The wind makes noise.
I make noise.

Just keep your head held high, live the best life you can.
We all have haters.
I could waste hours telling you about mine.
I look at it like this, if i don't listen, I can't hear.
That makes me laugh whenever I simply walk away from an argument.
That alone has changed my life.
The most important thing here is that you do all the good you can for that precious child you have.

Good luck.

You are very right. Thank you!

"AJ I fear her motivation is not child but saving what appears to be a doomed relationship." I find this statement pretty insulting and it has nothing to do with me not being able to handle the truth. You don't know what my motivations are and what my relationship is like aside from basic points I have listed here. What you draw from that is your own conclusion and personal opinion, which I'm not here for.

I believe what everyone's been giving me can be classified as legal advice. Wouldn't you say? I think if I wanted to discuss my relationship I'd seek advice elsewhere.

Other than AJ no one who has answered is a Lawyer and AJ I may be retired and may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction or in area of law your need requires. Again Legal advice comes an Attorney you share an Attorney/Cleint relationship with not website volunteers read this sites disclaimer at bottom of each page

Other than AJ no one who has answered is a Lawyer and AJ I may be retired and may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction or in area of law your need requires. Again Legal advice comes an Attorney you share an Attorney/Cleint relationship with not website volunteers read this sites disclaimer at bottom of each page

This man posts the truth.

This website discusses legal issues, offers suggestions, provides links to various laws, and shares opinions.

Please don't misconstrue any of that as legal advice.

Legal advice can only derive from an attorney-client relationship, as does privileged, protected communication.

It's best for everyone here to remain ANONYMOUS.

This man posts the truth.

This website discusses legal issues, offers suggestions, provides links to various laws, and shares opinions.

Please don't misconstrue any of that as legal advice.

Legal advice can only derive from an attorney-client relationship, as does privileged, protected communication.

It's best for everyone here to remain ANONYMOUS.

I do understand this is just advice.

I do understand this is just advice.
But NOT legal advice
From bottom of page:

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

But NOT legal advice
From bottom of page:

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

Shrinkmaster, you seem to getting worked up about this. I know it's not 'legal advice' in that sense. I'm only getting an idea about how certain laws work. I believe that's what this site is for and not for advice on knitting or couple's therapy. I'm aware that hiring a lawyer is in the end the only way for me to get true legal advice. Thank you for your incredible concern.

Someone sure likes attention if all she wants is advice on a legal case and she continues on about something else...

Take the advice and go then. Why do you keep coming back to this forum?

Back