what are my rights? what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murp123

I am a mechanic in Florida. I have been with this company since Feb. At first things were great then after a while things started going down hill. The first time I started having problems with my boss was when I switched shifts. Then I was having an issue with a piece of equipment so I asked another worker who is real experienced for help. Because the boss doesnt like him and I talk to him I have been given different treatment. Everything I do gets questioned and I get yelled at. Everyone else clocks in then changes into uniform, I do it and I get told I am not getting paid to put on my uniform but at the end of the day I can change sit around for 30 minutes and its ok? Then today I get yelled and cursed at for using the new system to complete work orders instead of the old system because he has to go in and fix it and im not allowed to forget things like that, his own words. Then I get a phone call from my wife that I had to take and being as I hadnt taken a break all day I use my break time to call her. When im done i get yelled at for not being clocked in on a job. Also we have a worker that is loved by the boss so they try behind the other bosses back to get him fired so he can take over and today he did nothing but sit in the office with our boss and then come out while others are working to tell them to do something instead of doing it him self. I called HR and explained it to them and they said just deal with it even though its a hostile work enviroment and not a good vibe that because i didnt give my name they wont look into it. what are my rights?

What you have described is not a hostile work environment as defined by law. Not even close.

You have the right to be paid for all the hours that you are actually working, and overtime when you work over 40 hours in a week. Notice that "all the hours you are actually working" and "all the hours you are clocked in" are not necessarily the same. Under Federal law, short breaks of less than 20 minutes or so are considered work time; however, under neither Federal nor Florida law are you entitled to a break by law.

You have the RIGHT to seek other employment. Slavery has been outlawed in this country for almost 160 years!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back