What are my chances of getting emancipated in Washington if I'm preg.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youth0418

So I'm 17 and my fiancee is 18 and my parents have been causing me emotional stress and have threatened me in so many ways. I feel like I shouldn't be there anymore and I have a safe place to go but my parents have me imprisoned and I don't know what to do . I just want to leave and get away and be with a family that actually wants me in their house instead of living somewhere, where im invisible and am just playing Cinderella

Contrary to what far, far too many teens (and even some parents) believe, pregnancy is not the route to emancipation. While you are now MEDICALLY emancipated (meaning that you, with the help of your doctor, can make the decisions about your health care and that of your baby), when you got pregnant you kissed what little chance you ever had of being LEGALLY emancipated goodbye. NO judge anywhere in the US is going to emancipate a pregnant teenager, who has just demonstrated that she needs more, not less, parental supervision.

Pregnancy is a good way to end up with legal troubles. While it may not be considered rape, it is often still illegal and your significant other can end up in jail.
It will be easiest for you to simply wait until you 18 and then you can disrespect your parents all you like.

May I simplify?

If you live in King/Pierce counties, and you're Macauley Culkin, and you're NOT pregnant, you have something like a 3-5% chance of the court emancipation.

If you're not? Not gonna happen.

Believe it or not, getting preggers when you are a child means you need more adult supervision, not the ability to go shack up with your boyfriend and create an even bigger burden on the taxpayers.

So I'm 17 and my fiancee is 18 and my parents have been causing me emotional stress and have threatened me in so many ways. I feel like I shouldn't be there anymore and I have a safe place to go but my parents have me imprisoned and I don't know what to do . I just want to leave and get away and be with a family that actually wants me in their house instead of living somewhere, where im invisible and am just playing Cinderella

You can fly the chicken coop (although chickens don't fly well) the second you turn 18 years old.
That loving boyfriend will be waiting, as well as his great family, to open their home, hearts, and finances to you and that little baby.

So relax, safe in the knowledge that your heartless parents can't touch that bundle of love growing deep inside of you. :rolleyes:

You're winning kid, so hang on, until you become 18 and the you can show and tell everyone a few things. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your chances before getting pregnant were less than 1% now they are less than zero

Times goes fast though it may not seem so to someone so young but you will be 18 before you know it & can live where you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back