Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders We need imeadiate help. Please read this and give us some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claysteph

Hi My names Clay and im currently ina long distance relationship. We have had a lot of problems and her parents have through a lot of triel and failure found something valid (to a certain extent) found a valid point in which to break us up. Now we are not willing to let this happen and so we need some help to proove a point. Ill explain our situation below.

I live in Florida, she lives in New york.

Florida rules of age of concent are very clear. A 16 year old can freely have sex with a adult as long as they are under 24 years of age. That is clear.

But New york laws are not. They have a extensive multitude of specfic situations. And they seem to neglect exactly our case. They also seem to have two different laws. One that states the same and florida and another that says you must be 17. Im not sure which one is new and i can't find anything online.

Also for most of the time our relationship is over the internet and the phone (long distance) Now can she also get in trouble for that as well if someone was to report?(i know no oen would, but her parents are clinging to anything).

So my questions are.

Can me and her legally have a relationship in Newyork city?

Can me and her maintain our relationship online as long as any of our sexual conduct is done ina state that by laws defends us ?

Thank you so much.

Ps. we need a answer ASAP so if someone sees this i ask you to please answer it. and if possible even include legal and official evidence of your claim.

Are you asking if you can have sex with a child in New York?

How old are you?

How old is she?

My edit works just fine...good clean living does it every time.

Last edited:
If either or both of y'all are living with your parents, then your parents rule the household.

My parents are fine with it hers are not but she is 18 but the law does not oblige to open situations uch as these she is 18 and of age and im 16 your answer does not ina any way answer my questions. Can you please tr to answer with more help ?

Then your girlfriend needs to get a full-time job, pay her own bills, and move out on her own.

Can someone else that has been thought to read please look at this and answer the questions i asked other then make personal comments and biased assumptions ?

It seems like the research you've already done answers the question. You can always consult an attorney in NY City to cover your tracks. I have a strong feeling that 18/16 in New York City is fine. New York City probably says you have to be within 2 years of each other, but I'm not sure. It really isn't worth risking your freedom to rely on advice given here.

You seem willing to do research on your own, which is good. Try to see if you can get access to a law library in New York, or use either of two legal sites called Lexis/Nexis or Westlaw (See if you can use for free at a law library).

"Sex" is not "a relationship". If you want to have sex, go check out the always on your own. If your parents are all for this relationship, have her come down to FL and the two of you can have bunny sex until your parents get tired of paying for her to be there.

Worry more about schoolwork and less about her biology.

- Carl

What happened to the "edit" icon?? I tried to go back to edit "always" to "laws" and found I couldn't??

- carl

The edit has been turned off for me as well, probably about 1-2 weeks.

And you're being silly. Bunny Sex beats school work every time!

Maybe so ... but, "can me and her ..." !!! I mean, come on! :)

- Carl

Well, at least they're being honest and saying it's them. I'm getting increasingly annoyed with people talking about "thear frend" when it's obviously them. Also, some of the posts, like the person who somehow got a .12 BAL by drinking punch they didn't know was "spiked." . .I mean, REALLY?

I agree with you. This thread did make me laugh. . .I'm gonna go back and give a "Thank YOu" to clay&steph!
Better yet, Steph is on another forum asking for the same sort of advice from HER perspective ... assuming, of course, none of this is a put on.

- Carl

Poster: Suggest that since you are so interested in research, you research the Mann Act.

The law in NY State is very clear. You have it correct….if you are 16 and she is 18 it is against the law. Wait a year and it will be legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back