Was this discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bie

To make a long story short, I was recently suspended from work, pending an investigation of sexual harassment. I signed a notice stating that the investigation would take three days, that I was not supposed to go to my work sites, or talk about my case with anyone who didn't need to know. My work site is where people catch public transit from. I took my wife to catch a train, and then ran into two other supervisors while there. The two other supervisors stated I did talk to them about my case, so I was terminated. I had previously talked to them about my case before I was suspended, so I didn't tell them anything they don't already know. This is where I am wondering if I was discriminated against.

1.) When I originally met with the HR manager, we talked about the charge, and he assured me that my case was closed. The new branch manager decided to re-open my case, since she was a HR manager previously. Can she do this legally.

2.) I was suspended pending investigation, but another supervisor who had a claim made against him wasn't suspended. It is the same complaintant who made both charges, and she works on his shift not mine. This was about a month ago. Shouldn't I have been allowed to work as he was?

3.) When the branch manager originally suspended me, she stated "Why did I put myself in this position". Like it was my fault for talking to a fellow co-worker. Does this show she was already biased towards me?

4.) If I had to sign the confidentiality paper, shouldn't everyone involved in the case have to sign one?

5.) One of the other workers involved in the sexual harassment claim told a fellow co-worker that I was suspended. If she signed the same confidentiality paper, shouldn't she be fired? If she didn't sign the paper, does this mean I was discriminated against for having to sign one?

6.) Two other people on my contract violated the same company policy about two months ago. During training sessions, they told numerous people why the previous branch manager and HR manager were fired. They talked about payroll items, possible theft of merchandise, not filing state paperwork, and numerous other issues. They were not fired, but simply given coaching or verbal warnings, not sure which. I know they company will argue that I signed the confidentiality paper, but it is already a company policy not to break confidentiality. I am simply a supervisor, but the other two workers were the operations manager, and the branch trainer, so they knew the company policy. Shouldn't I have been given a coaching or verbal warning like them?

I live in washington state, and any information provided will be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back