Want to sue Dry Cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfwx

On 4-23-2009 I dropped of two flower girl dresses in order to be dry cleaned, that were purchased in 3-2009. I went back to pick up the dresses on 4-27-2009, the cleaners were preparing to close, so I immediately got my dresses and left. Once I got home I realized both dresses had pink splotches throughout. I took the dresses back the next morning, 4-28-2009. I advised the employee of my problem, he apologized and assured me that it was fixable. He then told me to give them a few days and they would give me a call as to when they could be picked up. On 5-2-2009, after not hearing from the dry cleaners, and numerous calls left unanswered I went back to the dry cleaners to check on the status. They informed me that they were not able to get the splotches out but they were able to "lighten" them. i was then asked if I would give her until 5-8-2009 so she could try again to restore the dresses to the condition I left them in. I agreed with this date and told them I would see them on the following Fri. On 5-8-2009 I went back only to find out that the dresses could not be fixed. The cleaners only could offer me the value of the dresses in the form of store credit. Over 200.00 worth of cleanings. Is this correct, or can I take it to small claims and fight to receive the value of the dresses?

I have been doing some research and found out that the registered agents address is from another city and other county. If I understand, this is the person that would be named defendant. Also, the address of the agent that was given to me is showing up as a business, some type of alterations shop.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

The cleaners only could offer me the value of the dresses in the form of store credit. Over 200.00 worth of cleanings. Is this correct, or can I take it to small claims and fight to receive the value of the dresses?

There is no "correct". It's a solution to your dispute if you agree to it. You can take it small claims and fight if that's what you'd prefer.

As far as what parties you would name, err on the side of naming everybody. Let them explain to the judge why they should be let out of the lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back