Want 7-7 custody do i have a chance ?

Todd1977

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
My ex wife and I have a 6 yr old boy and 3 yr old girl. We were married for 7-1/2 yrs and separated around May 27th 2016, I moved out and stayed with my parents for about 3-4 months until I could find an affordable place. she decided to move forward and file for the divorce, I didn't want to but I just went along with it. we did have any money and we were still sharing an account. I was laid off for about a year. Ended up getting a great job and found a house that I could afford. We shared a lawyer and agreed on all the financial responsibilities, and we agreed to do every other weekend with me and also every Wednesday night that they are with me. I also took them with me numerous other nights. The lawyer informed us up front that if we didn't agree completely that he would not handle the case, he was giving us a discount. I went after nothing, I left her to just keep the house we bought and we basically split all the kids bills and mutual debt. the kicker is this lawyer said we could just put any date down that the marriage was over on January 27th. a full 4 months prior to the day I left, the same day as the argument occurred. I didn't know how to deal with this lie, and I was still working towards getting back together. we were still having sex and telling each other we love one another. I was still doing all the thing like cut the grass or anything else she asked for. Well when got to about the 2nd week of January she started mentally preparing herself for the court date, and started telling me that I never loved her, like she was repeating it to herself to convince herself of it. she would be difficult and always yelling about everything. I had scheduled that day off about a month before, and when I asked 3-4 days prior for the time and the judges name so I would know where to go. I had a witness, which she said I needed to provide, but at that point she started yelling and going nuts, saying " you said you were not going and you were not supplying a witness, now I got 2 witnesses and we are using them ( her sister and her best friend ). So on the day before I called to speak with her and the kids and asked her again when and were it would be she hung up the phone and would not answer. I tried again in the morning and still nothing. I can only conclude that she did not want the chance for me to tell the truth and keep the marriage going for another 4 months. at his point she completely irrational, blame me for any little thing she can put on me she has started to ignore my calls for the kids, she only allows me to speak with them at night when they going to be, about 3-5 minutes, and not much else. I would always stop over after work and visit with the kids and she has told me that I am not allowed there again. So not only did she lie in court , but she refused to tell me the time and location, and she is now seeing someone and seems to be having sleep overs, I don't have much proof other than his truck being there on several different occasions at 3:00-3:30 am, obviously I would not bring that up if it were not plain as day in the custody papers, and i am looking for anything that will allow me to have 7-7 custody. My kids our young and confused by her behavior, so much so that my son has had issues with bed wetting and he starts crying every time he is with me because he wants me to go live with him, she has still not told any of his teachers and I believe that this knowledge would help them understand what he is going through. She teaches at his school and is afraid that she will loose her job because she works at a private Catholic school and she dose not want to even start answering the priest and her principle and possibly let her inner atheist shine out. SO with the way things are I am thinking of going to court for 7 day with me 7 days with her. I have asked her and she absolutely refuses to even discuss it. I have always been the parent that did everything for my two kids. I changed EVERY diaper that I was home for and even some that she would let sit until I got home 5 minutes later. I bathed and fed them every night, and I also got up through out the night when they were babies and needed to be fed. and put to sleep. I know she will make up some sort of lie that I am a drug addict, and say I'm unable to care for them, that is completely false. As I said I did about 97% of everything for the kids. Do I have a shot at getting this over turned to a 7 and 7. Also I am paying about 1000 + each month ( child support with day care, insurance and my sons tuition included) would the child support go down because of the living time now being equal. Also can I use the whole perjury thing that her and her lawyer and their witnesses knew it was a lie. I don't really want to use it to hurt her, I still care for her and will always have a place for her as the mother of my kids, but is it a legitimate question and I would use it if I had too, and I just want to have my kids with me more and not have to play this child like games and deal with this uncooperative behavior of never answering the phone, her refusal to even speak about the kids has become intolerable. thanks.

How do you THINK 7 days with the mother and 7 days with the father would impact the children?

My ex wife and I have a 6 yr old boy and 3 yr old girl. We were married for 7-1/2 yrs and separated around May 27th 2016, I moved out and stayed with my parents for about 3-4 months until I could find an affordable place. she decided to move forward and file for the divorce, I didn't want to but I just went along with it. we did have any money and we were still sharing an account. I was laid off for about a year. Ended up getting a great job and found a house that I could afford. We shared a lawyer and agreed on all the financial responsibilities, and we agreed to do every other weekend with me and also every Wednesday night that they are with me. I also took them with me numerous other nights. The lawyer informed us up front that if we didn't agree completely that he would not handle the case, he was giving us a discount. I went after nothing, I left her to just keep the house we bought and we basically split all the kids bills and mutual debt. the kicker is this lawyer said we could just put any date down that the marriage was over on January 27th. a full 4 months prior to the day I left, the same day as the argument occurred. I didn't know how to deal with this lie, and I was still working towards getting back together. we were still having sex and telling each other we love one another. I was still doing all the thing like cut the grass or anything else she asked for. Well when got to about the 2nd week of January she started mentally preparing herself for the court date, and started telling me that I never loved her, like she was repeating it to herself to convince herself of it. she would be difficult and always yelling about everything. I had scheduled that day off about a month before, and when I asked 3-4 days prior for the time and the judges name so I would know where to go. I had a witness, which she said I needed to provide, but at that point she started yelling and going nuts, saying " you said you were not going and you were not supplying a witness, now I got 2 witnesses and we are using them ( her sister and her best friend ). So on the day before I called to speak with her and the kids and asked her again when and were it would be she hung up the phone and would not answer. I tried again in the morning and still nothing. I can only conclude that she did not want the chance for me to tell the truth and keep the marriage going for another 4 months. at his point she completely irrational, blame me for any little thing she can put on me she has started to ignore my calls for the kids, she only allows me to speak with them at night when they going to be, about 3-5 minutes, and not much else. I would always stop over after work and visit with the kids and she has told me that I am not allowed there again. So not only did she lie in court , but she refused to tell me the time and location, and she is now seeing someone and seems to be having sleep overs, I don't have much proof other than his truck being there on several different occasions at 3:00-3:30 am, obviously I would not bring that up if it were not plain as day in the custody papers, and i am looking for anything that will allow me to have 7-7 custody. My kids our young and confused by her behavior, so much so that my son has had issues with bed wetting and he starts crying every time he is with me because he wants me to go live with him, she has still not told any of his teachers and I believe that this knowledge would help them understand what he is going through. She teaches at his school and is afraid that she will loose her job because she works at a private Catholic school and she dose not want to even start answering the priest and her principle and possibly let her inner atheist shine out. SO with the way things are I am thinking of going to court for 7 day with me 7 days with her. I have asked her and she absolutely refuses to even discuss it. I have always been the parent that did everything for my two kids. I changed EVERY diaper that I was home for and even some that she would let sit until I got home 5 minutes later. I bathed and fed them every night, and I also got up through out the night when they were babies and needed to be fed. and put to sleep. I know she will make up some sort of lie that I am a drug addict, and say I'm unable to care for them, that is completely false. As I said I did about 97% of everything for the kids. Do I have a shot at getting this over turned to a 7 and 7. Also I am paying about 1000 + each month ( child support with day care, insurance and my sons tuition included) would the child support go down because of the living time now being equal. Also can I use the whole perjury thing that her and her lawyer and their witnesses knew it was a lie. I don't really want to use it to hurt her, I still care for her and will always have a place for her as the mother of my kids, but is it a legitimate question and I would use it if I had too, and I just want to have my kids with me more and not have to play this child like games and deal with this uncooperative behavior of never answering the phone, her refusal to even speak about the kids has become intolerable. thanks.

You realize if you do seve days with one parent and seven days with the other? Those kids will be living out of suitcases.

So you're worried about child support? You are playing child like games whether you admit it or not. I can't believe you two have the same lawyer. Go get your own lawyer. Do you have an actual court order about visitation and talking to the kids? If not yet, she doesn't have to talk to you and you should have not kept sleeping with her as long as you did.

I t
How do you THINK 7 days with the mother and 7 days with the father would impact the children?
I think it would be much more structured and they would enjoy it. I have my own clothes for each of them, and they are used to me being the one that does everything. From what I'm being told by people that have some insight to this situation tell me that the judges prefer to do split time. I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible while I save the money I need to move forward.

You realize if you do seve days with one parent and seven days with the other? Those kids will be living out of suitcases.

So you're worried about child support? You are playing child like games whether you admit it or not. I can't believe you two have the same lawyer. Go get your own lawyer. Do you have an actual court order about visitation and talking to the kids? If not yet, she doesn't have to talk to you and you should have not kept sleeping with her as long as you did.
hello Leslie, I'm not sure you are comprehending the situation. through the whole legal process I we still shared an account, so therefore had we gotten each our own lawyer we would have both been in debt. up until about 2-3 three weeks before the divorce SHE was the one who initiated the sex and what is wrong with trying to make things right, I still loved her, I still do, and I love my kids dearly. I have no issues with paying child support in anyway, I have actually not made her account for the bills she is responsible for, i would pay them. I also have given her hundreds of dollars because she would call from work worried about over drafting her account and never deducted or ask for any of that back. In fact I told her up front to keep it every time. I'm not selfish, but I am now at a point were I need to be able to pay my bills as well. she has always been frivolous and impulsive with money, that's why I ALWAYS did the grocery shopping. Also Les had you been able read and comprehend what your reading, you would have seen that, yes we did have everything in agreement with visitation and communication. there are to be no decisions made with out both parents. I just want to spend as much of my time with my children as I can. Oh and I also have all their own clothes ate my house for each of them. There is nothing that they don't have when they are with me.

I t

I think it would be much more structured and they would enjoy it. I have my own clothes for each of them, and they are used to me being the one that does everything. From what I'm being told by people that have some insight to this situation tell me that the judges prefer to do split time. I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible while I save the money I need to move forward.

50/50 custody doesn't mean living with dad for X days and with mom for X days.

If dad resides in a different school district, or even in the territory of another school in the same district, Judy would be forced to attend school for one week at Adams Elementary and the next seven days at Jefferson Elementary.

That is NOT in the BEST interests of the child.

School districts wouldn't agree to it, either.

No judge would ever agree to such an idea, because it damages the child.

I doubt the other parent would agree to it, either.

By the way, you don't have the clothes.

Realistically the clothes, toys, etc.. belong to the child.

Not to worry, its not for me to criticize or chastise you, mate.

hello Leslie, I'm not sure you are comprehending the situation. through the whole legal process I we still shared an account, so therefore had we gotten each our own lawyer we would have both been in debt. up until about 2-3 three weeks before the divorce SHE was the one who initiated the sex and what is wrong with trying to make things right, I still loved her, I still do, and I love my kids dearly. I have no issues with paying child support in anyway, I have actually not made her account for the bills she is responsible for, i would pay them. I also have given her hundreds of dollars because she would call from work worried about over drafting her account and never deducted or ask for any of that back. In fact I told her up front to keep it every time. I'm not selfish, but I am now at a point were I need to be able to pay my bills as well. she has always been frivolous and impulsive with money, that's why I ALWAYS did the grocery shopping. Also Les had you been able read and comprehend what your reading, you would have seen that, yes we did have everything in agreement with visitation and communication. there are to be no decisions made with out both parents. I just want to spend as much of my time with my children as I can. Oh and I also have all their own clothes ate my house for each of them. There is nothing that they don't have when they are with me.

Yeah I know. I've been there. I divorced my ex husband and we got back together off and on like three times after the divorce because he knows I'm a good person and how to get to me. But it's pretty obvious in your case too it won't work out.

Oh she initiated the sex - and you couldn't say no?

I still wouldn't have the same lawyer as my soon to be ex. Luckily mine didn't show up for court and never hired a lawyer. Unluckily he just scammed me out of money the first month after I filed saying it was for a job but it was really for drugs.

I'm talking about trying to make it 7 days with you and 7 days with her. THAT is unfair to the kids. They will be living out of a suitcase and not feel like they have a true home.

No you don't seem to be understand how it works with visitation. They're constantly going to be shuffled back and forth and won't have somewhere that is truly their own. It's going to be temporary at both homes as they constantly move each week. That is the point YOU don't seem to get.

So you're a sucker who gave her money and paid for everything? Ha me too. Lesson learned hard way for me. I was the only one who had a job. I paid all the bills AND paid his child support. I paid for clothes and stuff for the other kids on top of our daughter. He lied to me and stole from me to get drugs. Never tried to find a job. Why would he? He had it made. That's why I never put him on any of my accounts. There'd be nothing left. I let him use my credit card and he maxed that shit out.

I don't really care about all that stuff anyway. I was pointing out that if your kids are constantly moving each week that isn't fair to them. Yes I am sure you want as much time as possible but you have to think about what's best for them too.

I'm not sure if 7/7 is any worse than every other weekend and one night a week. Neither is ideal really. As long as they can attend one school it could be fine. To your question do you have a chance? Sure. There's always a chance.

Back