Walmart

M

Mac864

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
My wife was fired from Walmart after two and a half years after they messed up her taxes both years just to let you know. They claim she had the maximum days missed which is 9 and if your late it counts as a half of a day like she had a flat tire count against her also as late and it counted as a half day but all her actual days missed were doctor appointments but they just didn't accept doctor appointments for an absence or if she went to doctor and had to come in after she got out they would count it as late and charge for a half day... can you help??

Sorry, nothing illegal happened.

I don't know what her taxes have to do with anything (they don't) but apparently, too many absences and/or lates got her fired.

She should file for unemployment ASAP.

unless those doctors appointments are covered under FMLA, she has nothing if she has missed/been late that many days. Has she worked more than 1250 hours in the last year? And were her doctor's appointments all relate to the same thing?

There is nothing else that requires employers to accept doctor's notes if it isn't FMLA or a disability under ADA.

My wife was fired from Walmart after two and a half years after they messed up her taxes both years just to let you know. They claim she had the maximum days missed which is 9 and if your late it counts as a half of a day like she had a flat tire count against her also as late and it counted as a half day but all her actual days missed were doctor appointments but they just didn't accept doctor appointments for an absence or if she went to doctor and had to come in after she got out they would count it as late and charge for a half day... can you help??

Encourage her to seek new employment, and support her in her job search.

If you ain't been fired once, you ain't never pissed someone off.

What do her taxes have to do with Walmart and how could they mess them up?

If she missed 9 days, she missed 9 days. She needs to find a new job. Or you can too if you don't have one.

Back