wages paid on long term disability

I worked for an nationwide company and became disabled after a motor vehicle accident and I was the sole and only employee in the state and one of the requirements when hired for the job was you had to be on-call from Friday end of day to Monday morning and was paid $100 per weekend to be on call though it wasn't included in my hourly wage I was paid every single weekend from my start date. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I worked for an nationwide company and became disabled after a motor vehicle accident and I was the sole and only employee in the state and one of the requirements when hired for the job was you had to be on-call from Friday end of day to Monday morning and was paid $100 per weekend to be on call though it wasn't included in my hourly wage I was paid every single weekend from my start date. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If your disability is UNRELATED to your employment, generally an employer won't continue to pay you anything.

However, if you chose to pay for short term or long term disability through your employer's benefit selections, maybe you'll get paid.

Check with the employer's benefits department, otherwise the employer has no legal duty to pay you beyond accrued sick leave or vacation.

Nothing in the law requires that you be paid for being on call at all unless you are called into work or your time is "unduly restrictive" which in this age of cell phones and other instant communication has pretty much been eliminated.

So why should it be included in your disability wage? Particularly since, if you're disabled, you're no longer able to be on call?

Nothing in the law requires that you be paid for being on call at all unless you are called into work or your time is "unduly restrictive" which in this age of cell phones and other instant communication has pretty much been eliminated.

So why should it be included in your disability wage? Particularly since, if you're disabled, you're no longer able to be on call?

I was just asking and has nothing to do with cell phones it is the point of making yourself available 5pm Friday to 8am Monday every weekend for 3 years and I think that may fall into being unduly restrictive especially being no matter my location in the seven county metro area was a one hour response time and I don't mean to the call itself, I mean to the arrival to the customers location. Again, all I wanted to do was check and thank you for replying.

Back