Wage garnishment

lique69

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Wage garnishment without being served or made aware of suit, can your wages be garnished without prior notice only to recieve the judgement in the mail stating I have 45 days to answer and then in the week my wages were garnished

Wage garnishment without being served or made aware of suit, can your wages be garnished without prior notice only to recieve the judgement in the mail stating I have 45 days to answer and then in the week my wages were garnished

Depends on several things, mate.
Were you ever sued civilly and lost?
Was a judgment ever issued against you?
Is the garnishment the result of unpaid child support, federal income taxes, state income taxes?
You know the answers and need not responds to me.
The answers will help YOU understand how this wage levy came to be.
Ask your employer who might posses more useful details.
If it has gotten this far, the only way to stop additional collection and levy against your wages is to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Talk to couple BK lawyers near you Monday or Tuesday.

A mere BK filing will give you an immediate reprieve, longer term if you hire a BK lawyer.

Depends on several things, mate.
Were you ever sued civilly and lost?
Was a judgment ever issued against you?
Is the garnishment the result of unpaid child support, federal income taxes, state income taxes?
You know the answers and need not responds to me.
The answers will help YOU understand how this wage levy came to be.
Ask your employer who might posses more useful details.
If it has gotten this far, the only way to stop additional collection and levy against your wages is to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Talk to couple BK lawyers near you Monday or Tuesday.

A mere BK filing will give you an immediate reprieve, longer term if you hire a BK lawyer.
Thank you for the quick response and to answer your questions no judgement was ever issued against me the garnishment was from an old Cell phone bill

Thank you for the quick response and to answer your questions no judgement was ever issued against me the garnishment was from an old Cell phone bill

Interesting, because many people say the same thing.
Some companies, not saying this is related to your situation, simply make it all up and lie to get a judgment.

Ask your employer what documentation they were sent in support of the alleged garnishment.
Then go to the court from where the judgment is claimed to emanate and see what you can learn.

You may be another victim of BS and shenanigans.

Interesting, because many people say the same thing.
Some companies, not saying this is related to your situation, simply make it all up and lie to get a judgment.

Ask your employer what documentation they were sent in support of the alleged garnishment.
Then go to the court from where the judgment is claimed to emanate and see what you can learn.

You may be another victim of BS and shenanigans.
Thank you so much I will go to my employer and see what documentation they have and go from there. however if it is BS how will I get that off of my credit.

if it is BS how will I get that off of my credit.

Might be as simple as disputing the item with the credit bureau unless you actually owe the money, then it won't come off.

Find out what your employer has, if anything, then come back to this thread and report. Don't open any new threads. Keep all the discussion in this one.

Might be a good idea to describe to us exactly what you got in the mail, from whom, and to respond to what in 45 days.

Might be as simple as disputing the item with the credit bureau unless you actually owe the money, then it won't come off.

Find out what your employer has, if anything, then come back to this thread and report. Don't open any new threads. Keep all the discussion in this one.
ok Thanks will do

Might be a good idea to describe to us exactly what you got in the mail, from whom, and to respond to what in 45 days.

i have attached a copy of what my employer received and its the same copy I had in my mailbox which is what was filed in court, it says i was served by the name on the bottom but i have never been served.

Attachments

• 20161130142637540.pdf
    380.6 KB · Views: 4
i have attached a copy of what my employer received and its the same copy I had in my mailbox which is what was filed in court, it says i was served by the name on the bottom but i have never been served.
I am also going to go back and dispute again on my credit file.

Middle of page 4, begins"I further state:"

That's your way to litigate an improper lawsuit, or one that never happened, because you were never served.

Google "Cavalry Services", your eyes will be opened.

$CAMMER
$ERIOU$
$CAMMER

Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC Texas Lawsuit Attorneys

Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC files many lawsuits in an attempt to collect debts. Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC is a company that purchases owed debt accounts from original creditors and then profits by collecting the debt. These types of companies are known as debt purchasers. If you are being sued by Cavalry, and they want you to pay on a debt they purchased in your name, contact us for assistance as soon as possible.

Contrary to popular belief, the law is actually written to your benefit in this case. Once Cavalry files the lawsuit, it becomes their responsibility to prove that you actually owe the money related to this alleged debt. In many instances, they do not have the documentation to support their claims. This is why the worst thing you can do is absolutely nothing. The best defense is responding and making them prove their case.

Another important point to know is that the statute of limitations for Cavalry to sue to collect on a debt runs out after four years. That may be why they are suing you now. Contact us right away if you have received notice of a lawsuit or judgment filed by Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC.

Cavalry's contact information is:

Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC
7 Skyline Drive
Hawthorne, NY
Phone: 800-501-0909

Some Recent Debt Buyer Lawsuit Results:

Situation: Our client hired us to defend a debt buyer lawsuit.
Plaintiff: Liberty Credit Services, Inc.
Court: Rockwall County Court at Law, TX
Cause No: 1-09-171
Result: Our motion to dismiss was granted. Our client never had to go to court.

Plaintiff: Liberty Credit Services, Inc.
Court: 162nd Judicial District Court, Dallas County, TX
Cause No: 09-3286
Result: The case was dismissed before trial. Our client never had to go to court.

Plaintiff: CACH, LLC
Court: Collin County Court at Law No. 6, TX
Cause No: 006-02682-2009
Result: The case was dismissed before trial. Our client never had to go to court.

Plaintiff: Equable Ascent Financial, LLC
Court: Dallas County Justice Court Prec. 2-1, TX
Cause No: JC10-00107D

Plaintiff: CACH, LLC
Court: Denton County Justice Court Prec. 3, TX
Cause No: J10-105J3

A peek:
How to Remove Cavalry Portfolio Services
BBB Business Profile | Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC
What to Do if You are Sued for a Debt by Cavalry SPV I - CULIK LAW PC
Sued By Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC In New York or New Jersey? - The Law Offices of Robert J Nahoum
Cavalry Portfolio buys up old debts for collection and sometimes sues.
We Defend Cavalry Portfolio Services LLC Lawsuits in Texas
Cavalry Portfolio Services Threatening lawsuit - DebtCC
Ripoff Report | Cavalry Portfolio Services As Assignee Of Cavalry Investments As Assignee Of Americredit Complaint Review Hawthome, New York: 409921
Cavalry Portfolio Threating to sue, need some advi... - myFICO® Forums

Actually, you have been served. By mail. Process service doesn't always mean being handed to you.

Middle of page 4, begins"I further state:"

That's your way to litigate an improper lawsuit, or one that never happened, because you we're never served.

What Army Judge is referring to is the exemption page which is Page 4.

Before you check any of those three items I suggest you contact the Magistrate Court of Fulton County and get a complete copy of case file number 14MS009818 and see what it's all about.

Do that ASAP as you need to be truthful if you check one of those options. Otherwise you'll just be delaying the inevitable.

PS: No sense in disputing the credit reports if the lawsuit turns out to have been proper.

Back