violation of civil rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshires

I live in wayne county ohio, recently i was arrested and tried for domestic violence, i was found not guilty, the claims were that i beat my children, i have since been denied access to my children, my children have been lied to and I have been forced to jump through all kinds of hoops to please people which cannot be pleased. My children were interrogated by officials without consent and removed from the home without a warrant. I have a belief with all they have done they have violated my 4th and 14th amendment rights with all that has happened.....what do I do?

Get a lawyer............ It is hard for you to handle this without one..........

A family/divorce lawyer would have to see if they indeed violated your rights. Only then can you move on to file a civil rights claim with a civil rights lawyer or the same lawyer if he/she is experienced in both fields. Most lawyers can handle both but some just narrow down their practice and don't venture into other fields...........

My children were interrogated by officials without consent
Your consent is not generally required.

and removed from the home without a warrant.
If they had an articulable belief that the children were in danger, I suspect that Ohio law is similar to most other states where they CAN take the children and then make an application for jurisdiction to the court within a specific time frame.

CPS and law enforcement agencies remove children without warrants quite frequently. A warrant for the removal is the exception and not the rule (at least in most places).

I have a belief with all they have done they have violated my 4th and 14th amendment rights with all that has happened.....what do I do?
You speak to an attorney who can look into the matter.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back