Criminal Trials, Hearings Verified Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should ask the witness to list the elements of my crime then? Let him do the objection?

Yes, you do that in traffic court.

Yes, you do that.

Dude, it's traffic court.

It's simply a way to get your money.

Go ahead, try those "Perry Mason" or "Matlock" strategies!!!

The officer will merely say what he saw you do. You will cross examine him, and then you can make your defense (if you have one). The judge will then render a decision.

It's not a murder trial, and most traffic courts won't put up with internet attorneys dragging things out longer than they need to be.

In the case of the officer failed to show up and if the prosecutor seek a continuance, can I object to it?
If this is a CA court, there almost certainly will not be a prosecutor there. You can certainly voice your objection should the court want to continue the matter.

Thank you!
In the worse case, how many points for the said offense of going through a red light?
I don't mind paying the fine, I just have a hard time to swallow the the offense I did not do.
I have a clean record without ticket for over 17 years, it is really out of the blue. I pride myself being a safe driver.

When the "judge" -- Commissioner Of Crime -- enter a NOT GUILTY plea for you, ask him: IS THIS A JUDICIAL DETERMINATION?
Tell him he is practicing law from the bench..

BUT - they never let me talk and threaten me with CONTEMPT if I don't stop asking them these question. But I do have on good evidence that some people DO GET OFF using these techniques... I think "my court" is the toughest in the area with real SOB commissioners...

When the "judge" -- Commissioner Of Crime -- enter a NOT GUILTY plea for you, ask him: IS THIS A JUDICIAL DETERMINATION?
Tell him he is practicing law from the bench..

BUT - they never let me talk and threaten me with CONTEMPT if I don't stop asking them these question. But I do have on good evidence that some people DO GET OFF using these techniques... I think "my court" is the toughest in the area with real SOB commissioners...
This thread is more than a year old. If you have a question, please start your own thread. if you are merely here to rail against the system or offer "advice" with little or no foundation in he law, you might be more comfortable on another site that caters to your belief system.

WARNING!!! The people above have just enough legal knowledge to waste the court's time.
I'm constantly stunned at the depth of misunderstanding non-lawyers have regarding the law. Do you actually beleive that you are so smart that you were able to beat the system with your cunning legal acumen? Do you think that maybe a person with a doctoral degree in law might have already thought of your ridiculous ploy...and laughed? How about you admit you were speeding and pay the fine or plead not guilty and go to trial? This bs about outsmarting the court with gimmicks, trickery and bizarre, legally flawed arguments makes my knees ache. Take responsibility for yourself.

b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a)......now go read subdivision b. You sir, are a crook in uniform and you forget who you work for......US! That's right, the public. Remember your oath to support and defend the Constitution? Have you even read the Constitution? The whole traffic court system is a massive racket against the public. You write citations and arrest people for breaking the "rules" and you "police officers" fail to follow the very rules you claim to enforce. Shame on you.

Well said... At the bottom of the ticket it also shows c.p. 853.9... I have done a demurrer... Which has help greatly and judge usually dismisses the case the first time around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back