Verbal Harrasement

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazysteph28

I walk off the job the other day after my boss told me to tell another employee that his hours were being cut, I did not want to do this because I am not a manager or supervisor and I did not feel that it was my place to have to do this. When I told my boss I didn't want to do this he told me "you fucking bastard who do you think you are you asshole", I then got up said good bye and waked off the job. I have not contacted my employer nor has he called me. I want to know what I can do. This is not the first time he has do something like this and he constantly comes in to work drunk, he is the owner so there is no one above him to complain to, I also have three witnesses to what he said to me.

Q: I want to know what I can do.

A: Look for another job.

If your boss tells you to do something, it becomes your job. If he wanted you to tell the other employee that his hours had been cut, it was then your job to tell him. It doesn't matter if you were his manager or his supervisor; the boss said do it; it was neither illegal nor unsafe by OSHA standards; therefore it was your job to do. Refusing to do so was insubordination, which is a firing offense.

It was very unprofessional of your boss to swear at you that way, but it was not illegal and it does not give you any legal recourse.

You didn't like SJ's answer but it was nonetheless the correct answer. You have no legal recourse because your boss didn't break any laws. You walked off the job so it is unlikely that you will get unemployment (though you can always try - stranger things have happened). So what else is there to do other than look for a new job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back