Verbal Abuse from Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjhepburn

The manager where I work has anger management issues and on medication. He has been getting worse lately and tends to threaten employees. He's a bit more careful with me and one other because we are women but today he as much as threw me out of the store and told me I should quit because I have taken a second job and can only work part-time.

For a bit of history, the store has been very slow and I'm sent home early more days than not so it was my intentions to help myself and the owner of the store by taking a second job and cutting back to part-time. The manager however sees this as putting myself out of his control and that I am in some way obligated to him. It's all very confusing and I won't quit. I get questioned daily about what I do at night and on weekends and he's been known to follow employees around.

He makes comments in a threatening way about how I'm making a mistake and will lose my apartment etc. It's starting to verge on weird.

I don't know if I'm legal protected from this kind of behavior or if I should take legal action.

Any advise would be appreciated

Not a whole lot of legal protection if any for the situation you described. It could be the guy is under a lot of stress trying to balance a full time work force with slumping sales. When those things happens boss's tend to act a bit odd.

One thing in your favor is you do have another job so if he gets to mouthy you can tell him you may make it a permanent job and not a second job if he wants to carry on like a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back