Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

danitrajdiaz

Papers have been filed and we are in our 60 day waiting period. The car I am currently driving was purchased during the marriage and is registered and financed in solely my husbands name. How does this affect me buying my own vehicle in only my name? I am not wanting to take over the vehicle in his name nor do I want to have it transferred to me as my credit and finances will not allow me to be able to afford it. Do I have to any part in what happens with it? I am perfectly fine with parking it at his current residence and worrying about my own transportation.

Papers have been filed and we are in our 60 day waiting period. The car I am currently driving was purchased during the marriage and is registered and financed in solely my husbands name. How does this affect me buying my own vehicle in only my name? I am not wanting to take over the vehicle in his name nor do I want to have it transferred to me as my credit and finances will not allow me to be able to afford it. Do I have to any part in what happens with it? I am perfectly fine with parking it at his current residence and worrying about my own transportation.

Texas is a community property state.
Think of it as a pure partnership, much like any Big 4 Accounting/Auditing Firm: KPMG, Deloitte, etc...
One partner can commit to a $1,000,000,000,000 deal, and all partners are bound by that act.
So, too, is it with marriages in our Great Republic.
Your name may not be on the paperwork for that car you're driving, it doesn't need to be to obligate you to the debt or to benefit of the property.
If you don't want to keep the car, I suggest you return it to him forthwith.
The decree will say you're severed, maybe, from the car debt.
Don't you believe that for one minute, because the creditors don't.
Bottom line, you need to make sure you both agree on who gets what and when.
Its best to agree, and also much cheaper.
Make sure that everything agreed to is also reduced to writing and signed by both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back