V.P. sent letter with forged signature to my patients

Status
Not open for further replies.

nejeffries

I am a famly doctor employed by a hospital. Recently a V.P. @ the hospital sent out a letter to all of my patients telling them I was taking a long leave of absence and probably not returning to the practice of medicine. This letter was composed without my knowledge and contained my electronic signature. My partners were behind this because they had decided they could make more money with a newly hired midlevel practitioner and the hospital would benefit by not having to expand the office space. The hospital sent out a letter of retraction 6 weeks after the original letter but all of this has left my patients very confused and there are alot of rumors in this very small community. I have worked here for 20 years and am very well liked and respected by colleagues and patients. All of my performance reviews have been great and I have received many supportive letters from patients. I have suffered emotionally and financially because of this. The hospital admits it was wrong and wants to go to mediation to avoid litigation. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back