Using Member Photos From My Site

chrism71

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi all

My question is concerning the use of member photos for promotion on social media.

I'm about to launch a niche dating website, it will have a relatively small target audience. My question is: If I insert in the terms and conditions of my site that member photos can be used for promotion the site on social media. Am I able to then use the photographs of my signed members to promote my site?

I ask because I know that there is complex laws regarding the use of somebodys photos online and I cant seem to get an answer searching through the search engines.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Chris M

Hi all

My question is concerning the use of member photos for promotion on social media.

I'm about to launch a niche dating website, it will have a relatively small target audience. My question is: If I insert in the terms and conditions of my site that member photos can be used for promotion the site on social media. Am I able to then use the photographs of my signed members to promote my site?

I ask because I know that there is complex laws regarding the use of somebodys photos online and I cant seem to get an answer searching through the search engines.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Chris M

This site addresses the laws of United States, it's states, and territories only.
Sorry mate, you should speak with a UK solicitor to determine if your idea is without legal difficulties.

Provide a statement that images may be used for promotion and give the ability to opt out. That will essentially grant consent when the user uploads any images...but still check with an attorney in your area.

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the help guys, I had a wee feeling that this kind of thing could be a minefield so I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks to everyone Chris

Back