Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!
- Ask a legal question to our community of lawyers, judges and members
- Read useful answers to frequent legal questions in The Law Guide
- Read or contribute to the latest legal news in The Law Journal
- Find a lawyer near you in the Lawyer Directory
- If you need to hire an attorney, get a case review from a lawyer!
- Downloading or sharing legal forms and law outlines
Intellectual Property & Internet Law
Laws governing and the intangible property which results from creative efforts. Includes copyright (written works), service and trademarks, patents and inventions, trade secrets. music and the arts, media, Internet websites and the DMCA.
Legal protection of creations - copyright ("works of authorship" such as books, music, movies and software), trademark (brands, logos, slogans, business identity), patent (inventions). Issues concerning trade secrets, infringement, the DMCA and the USPTO (US Patent & Trademark Office.)
Law concerning cyberspace, frequently copyright law, includes eBay, Facebook, Twitter, Groupon, Linked-In, online dating, spam email, online auctions, online deals.