US Military (USNavy) Marital Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmdpsj

I got married to a sailor (american citizen) last 2006. US Navy knew about this i still have the copy for "permission to marry alien spouse" document.

My husband was my classmate during highschool. After graduation, we never saw each other until our wedding month. My husband courted me over the net and proposed to me over the net. he went back (deployed in yokosuka) here on january 11 2006 and we got married on january 22 2006 and he went back to japan on january 30 2006.

Now here is the problem.

We really had a bad long distance relationship, since he is the "bread winner" of his family, his mom never liked me - it came to the point that his mom made crazy stories against me which were never true because I loved her son so much. He is always accusing me of something, and assuming everything is my fault, based on how our relationship started i totally understand he trust his mom more than me. These stories has always been the reasons for our fights it caused so much psychological distress to me, and i was even diagnosed by a psychiatrist having depression (i took zoloft 2x aday from march to january 2007). From january 2006 upto october 2006 my husband sent me allowances. but starting november 2006 upto NOW my husband isnt sending anything. I've discovered that he went back to philippines on august 2007 and febuary 2008 without informing me or informing my family. he seldom reply to emails. I am starting to feel he is trying to get away, I also wan't to get out of this marriage coz I've already lost love for him, and we didnt really have the "bond" for marriage. We shouldn't got married in the 1st place.

We don't have a child together...

My question is, how many months/years shall i wait before i file marital abandonment? Or, what are the qualifications before i can say i am legally abandoned by my navy husband (based on philippine law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back