Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginelle

I'm defending myself now, my husband's lawyer scheduled a deposition in his office on wednesday, my husband told me that it's to talk about his proposition, but I think that a deposition is taken under oath. The final hearing is next Monday.

I would like to know if I have to attend the deposition. Is it mandatory?
I really appreciate a quick response, I don't have much time to be prepared.

Ginelle:

A Deposition is a form of discovery. You are correct on what it is.

It is manditory that you go, unless you can work out another date. If you refuse to show without good cause, the lawyer can file for 1-sanctions or 2-request a default judgement.

Be very careful on this one! They will be using this against you in court when you are on the stand, so try to be truthful.

You also need to know what to object before going in there, if not, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Something you will not have to answer, but if you do answer, they can use. Confused? LOL, don't be.

I sent you a PM with more informatioin.

Thank you for your quick response, I would like to know if an attorney represents me, does my husband has to go to a deposition with my lawyer?

Yes, if you had a lawyer. What you could do, is find one, usually a green one, and pay them to have the depo. in their office. They would be doing the depo for you, but not representing you in court. Which may be better if you know what you are doing.

You can also send Interrogatories, which are written questions for your ex to answer. You can ask that these be done under oath. The disadvantage being, his lawyer will ghost write the answer's for him. But, if you catch him in a lie while he testifies, it complicates the situation for him. This is all discovery.

If you check your pm, I sent you some info. on all the discovery forms that I am aware of, orders, motions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back