unwed single mother wants sole custody and child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeRee

My 21 month old daughter's father left us 7 months ago. He occasionally visits her on weekends at my home. Her father lives with different friends/relatives day to day and does not pay rent (he basically has no home). He is living at these different places and works full time in Long Island, NY. He also deceived me and has been married this whole time and his wife recently moved to Kentucky. Father's name is on birth certificate. Do I need to establish custody of my daughter in order to get child support? What are my chances of getting sole custody since I've been her main caregiver since she was born? I am a tenured, full time Public School Teacher. All of her family on my side and his side live in NJ. Also, will he have to share daycare tuition? Can I file for custody and child support at the same time?

Last edited:
Yes, do it all at the same time. What you seem to be asking for is quite common, so your chances are good. If he denies paternity then you may have some difficulty, but that can be dealt with.

You don't need custody. You have that, as the mother of a child born out of wedlock.
If you want child support, you'll likely need paternity testing to prove paternity.
Google, paternity in NY or NJ (the state in which you reside).
Allof the informationis available, just seek it.
But, you might be better of letti g sleeping dogs (missing bums) lie.
You'll win a support case, if he is proven to be the bio-dad.
But, he's a liar. He's a bum, living pillar to post. Do you expect him to pay?
He's a loser. He will ever change. Doesn't your daughter deserve more than him?
Either way, no need to answer me. I'm nobody special. Those questions and many others are ones you must mull over and ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back