Unpaid Medical Expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

sareka123

Hi,
I'm currently in the final stages of divorce. I have not recevied any unpaid medical expenses from "ex" since April 2012. On March 1st, she handed me bills for services that took place up to 1 year ago. She only paid these bills on December 14th and wants my share of the reimbursement. I talked to my attorney and he said that the judge will not care that the bills are back dated and out of the 30 day window to submit them to me as they are children's medical expenses. How is this possible.
Is there any on book records of cases like this I can use to rebutt these bills. If the bills were provided in the window, I would not have had an issue, but that they were saved up to hit me all at once and our many months old is the issue.

Thanks so much for any input...

Hi,
I'm currently in the final stages of divorce. I have not recevied any unpaid medical expenses from "ex" since April 2012. On March 1st, she handed me bills for services that took place up to 1 year ago. She only paid these bills on December 14th and wants my share of the reimbursement. I talked to my attorney and he said that the judge will not care that the bills are back dated and out of the 30 day window to submit them to me as they are children's medical expenses. How is this possible.
Is there any on book records of cases like this I can use to rebutt these bills. If the bills were provided in the window, I would not have had an issue, but that they were saved up to hit me all at once and our many months old is the issue.

Thanks so much for any input...

I suggest you speak with your lawyer.

You paid GOOD money to HIRE that lawyer.

Why seek the FREE advice of strangers?

Be smart, always discuss your legal matters with your lawyer.

Don't discuss your personal business with strangers.

More importantly, don't jeopardize the relationship with anyone by going around the other person's back.

If you don't trust your lawyer, hire another lawyer you do trust.

How is it possible for what your lawyer said to be true?

Easy answers:

1) You'll find no one cares too awful much about a garden variety divorce and a few lousy medical bills for YOUR kids.

2) You may dislike HER or HIM, but why punish your children?

3) She or he probably doesn't have much money to upfront medical bills, but she or he DID pay her or his debts. Now he or she ONLY wants YOUR share. She's or he's teaching YOUR kids good values, pay YOUR debts. Do the right thing and PONY UP your share, father or mother.

4) Why not open up a bank account with $300 or $400 and let him or her withdraw medical co-pays periodically? Be smart, make your life easy, stop fighting. You'll only keep losing, so go along with the program. Your kids will be adults one day and this will end. In the meantime, make your life as easy as possible. No need to fight and squabble over everything. If you do that, your life will be a nightmare for decades.

Last edited:
The reason I put this out there is I'm looking to see if there was any precidence for a case like this. I did say in my post that I DID speak to my lawyer. However, there may be cases that were on the books in NYS that I could use in my case.

I also stated I would of had no issues paying bills if they were submitted in the 30 window that was stated. I was told that even if the bills are outside the window, the Judge will still say I have to pay. My issue with that is those bills could just be piling up, so far 11 months worth and waiting to be dumped on me. This could go on for years, thousands of dollars in the waiting and then bam! So, I would have no leg to stand on and have to pay this money. If the bills were submitted monthly as stated, then it would be fine.

So to PONY up as you stated isn't a problem, the problem is getting them all at once. Since you do not know my full situation, to say stop fighting is not what needs to be done.

Thank you for replying..

No one cares, and with your attitude, neither will the judge. Yes, she's now going to screw you over this way, and any other way she can.

I suspect, she's sharpened her axe, and will whack you every chance she gets.

Pay up, or not, I don't care. Hire another lawyer to hear the same answer for the third time.

Go ahead, try this on the judge in your case.

You will only make your situation more intolerable for you. No one cares now, no one will ever care, except you.

This is your life until all of those kids are adults.

Enjoy the bitter crops you've sown.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back