Unlawful Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

blownfuse

I worked for a large German Corporation. I was suspended with pay for reason #1. Ten (10) weeks later (still being paid) I was terminated for reasons #1 plus #2 &#3. They have offered a severance package if I sign a letter not to sue. In addition they issued a Service Letter, which completely contradicts the first two letters. They have also prevented me from getting a job. I am sixty (60) years old and a Disabled Veteran. Is there anything that I can do.

What state are you in? What were the reasons? In what way have they prevented you from getting another job?

If you think you are being discrininated against by a protected class, then you should file a complaint with the EEOC. I would see an employment law attorney before I sign anything, if I were you.

You didn't explain reasons #1, #2, and #3. What were the first two letters, and what did the Service Letter say? How have they prevented you from getting another job?

New York

1: Suspended for possible kick backs from supervisors for excessive overtime. Completely off the wall.
2: Terminated for not exercising proper fiduciary oversight responsibility in controlling overtime payments to subject employees (Was not my direct responsibility) and overall poor performance.
3: Service Letter his desire to further his career beyond the opportunities available at The Company. His separation did not involve misconduct or impropriety

The entire industry that I worked in knew that I was suspended for possible illegal action. Since, I was fired the industry believes that it must have true. Their Service letter is suppose to correct that fact. Their 10 weeks of investigation turned up nothing. Since there was nothing, just the new President, looking to get rid of me. I understand the work at will concept but they accused me of kick backs and never proved it. In fact if a real investigation was performed there are a lot of people that work there that would defended me 100%. Also, the friend of the new president approved all overtime and he is still there. If there was kick backs why is the person responsible still there and I'm gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back