Unique Slip and Fall Case, Biffed it in Orlando Airport Burger King

Yagz

Jurisdiction
Florida
I feel my case is unique because the insurance company is offering nothing for my fall. They have the video showing in the burger king airport a patron dropping a water bottle. The worker picking up the water bottle then me falling to the ground. Per law they did not have enough time to clean the water but, lets go beyond that. When I fell I was on the ground a good 4 minutes. Then my husband picked me up and put me in a chair. I fell because I stepped out of the line to get more money from my husband. He went back to pay the cashier because the line was being held up. During this time no one came out to clean the water off the floor. I have a witness that told me that she saw what happened. the worker did pick up the bottle and just walked away. She said she knew someone would fall and I did. Now, if the videos shows me falling right after the worker picked up the bottle it will show that the worker never came back to clean the water. It was not until my husband paid for the food came back to the table and yelled at the workers behind the food bar to get a sign and clean up the water before someone else gets hurt. Then they came out to clean it. In my opinion the worker created a dangerous situation by picking up the water bottle and walking away and not intending on coming back to correct the issue. In this situation I would think that the law on how long the water was on the floor is not even part of this. It would have been better if the bottle had stayed on the floor at least I would have seen it and avoided the fall. By them picking it up and leaving the puddle created the floor to be slippery and that is what caused my fall. Your thoughts?

Did you suffer any injuries - were there any medical bills?

Did you suffer any injuries - were there any medical bills?
Hi. Yes sprained wrist. Nerve compression and over 5000 dollars in medical. They want to do shots but, I have ps4 surrounding medical procedures. I'm in pain everyday. Numb foot. I'm not happy

Pst post tramatic stress. Seems no one will help me cause of the Fla law stating they did not have enough time to clean it up. Well I'm sorry but, you do not puck up a water bottle and leave a puddle then walk away period. The worker created the danger

I'm sorry but, you do not puck up a water bottle and leave a puddle then walk away period. The worker created the danger

You admit that you fell within minutes of the water landing on the floor.

That the worker left and didn't come back has nothing to due with your injury.

There is nothing unique about your situation. The reason the store insurance is not offering you any money is because the store has no liability under negligence law.

I suggest you consult a personal injury attorney. It's possible that an attorney threatening a lawsuit can get you some "go-away" money. But you won't have any leverage without an attorney although there's no guarantee that any attorney will take the case because of the apparent lack of liability.

Many people are professional "slip & fallers".
Falling, slipping, tripping doesn't mean the owner/proprietor was negligent.
As suggested, see if a personal injury attorney will accept your case, without one you'll continue to be shooed away like a pesky insect.
With one, you might get $200, maybe $500 to make sure you stay away.

You admit that you fell within minutes of the water landing on the floor.

That the worker left and didn't come back has nothing to due with your injury.

There is nothing unique about your situation. The reason the store insurance is not offering you any money is because the store has no liability under negligence law.

I suggest you consult a personal injury attorney. It's possible that an attorney threatening a lawsuit can get you some "go-away" money. But you won't have any leverage without an attorney although there's no guarantee that any attorney will take the case because of the apparent lack of liability.
I still feel the worker created a dangerous situation. I appreciate your response

Good luck with that. So I guess then businesses will have to have someone standing by at all times with mop ready to rush in and clean up a spill immediately. I'm sorry for the injuries sustained but you know sometimes accidents happen. Maybe you could make a case against the bystander who saw the spill and "knew someone would fall."

I'm curious how long the poster thinks the law should give businesses to clean a spill. Fifteen seconds? Thirty? Is a minute too long? After all, someone could walk around the corner all unknowing and slip the same second the offending substance hits the floor. What liability would the business have then?

How much more is the poster prepared to pay for her products so that the businesses can afford to have someone standing by ready to catch any falling substances in mid-air?

Good luck with that. So I guess then businesses will have to have someone standing by at all times with mop ready to rush in and clean up a spill immediately. I'm sorry for the injuries sustained but you know sometimes accidents happen. Maybe you could make a case against the bystander who saw the spill and "knew someone would fall."

First off I do appreciate the professional responses. Ones like these are just rude and inconsiderate. My position is that the company had knowledge of the dangerous situation because the worker picked up the water bottle leaving the water on the floor. He caused the fall by leaving the water there, They are using the video as leverage that I fell right after the spill. If the water bottle had remained on the floor I would have avoided the fall. Because they are using the video we will watch and see the worker never came back to clean the water. Matter of fact no one even came out the 10 minutes I was trying to get up and sit, Law states if the establishment had knowledge and did nothing to fix the problem they are liable. In this case they caused the issue that created a dangerous situation that caused me to fall. I have a trial attorney now and feel confident I will win my case.

Pst post tramatic stress. Seems no one will help me cause of the Fla law stating they did not have enough time to clean it up. Well I'm sorry but, you do not puck up a water bottle and leave a puddle then walk away period. The worker created the danger

You have PTSD from a slip on the the floor? You have approached several attorneys already. Maybe it's time to listen to what they are saying.

I am listening I just have my own opinion. I'm more interested in resonates and people view cases. The psd is from a childhood accident. Nothing to do with my fall

I am listening I just have my own opinion. I'm more interested in resonates and people view cases. The psd is from a childhood accident. Nothing to do with my fall
I do have an attorney. Trial lawyer. He obviously understands my point. When you think law it's a good idea to think out of the box. I don't really care if I win the case. It's the challenge I like:)

There is a time and place for thinking outside the box; hence, test cases. If your goal is just to waste everyone's time because you are bored or "like a challenge", so be it, but do not expect it to end all that well for you. Judges and opposing counsel are not amused by such things.

On the contrary. I am not bored. I take this very seriously but, if someone does not challenge the law it will never change. I love how know it all people have things to say when then they only have an overview. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion however wrong they may be

We can only respond to the facts we have. If there are other facts you think we should be aware of before we form an opinion, it's up to you to include them. The crystal ball is out being recalibrated.

Back