Unfair termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEPHAN012

Employer a non-profit gave me option to resign or otherwise be terminated after 10 yrs of employment. I'm a US citizen but born overseas. I was Administrator of a house and I some time ago received a request from a tenant for a celebration on propertie's common area. Due to no policy the request was sent to my manager (Owner's office) and he denied it. The activity took place same day on the premises based on my manager aproval but I was acused of discrimination and few tenants filed a lawsuit against my employer. Due to this I was a victim of libel and slander but the owner did nothing to protect me or clear my name despite that I did not do any statements for the media as per Owner policy.

At that function one staff was assaulted by a guest; staff choose not to press charges and security cameras recorded the incident. Nobody seem to remember this incident but staff statements were received by Owner.
They asked for written account of facts from me and my supervisor and said that an investigation by a third-party will follow but nothing has been done. Almost half year later I am suspended while my manager (who aproved the event and decided for me) is still employed. I do not know what to do: resign or wait to be terminated? file a lawsuit against the organization for harasement, discrimination ? if so what are my chances to win given that I have written evidence that I did not decide on my own.

change the at will employment to; termination for good cause by using a novation.

if me, i'd tell them if they store any portion of my personal information in the companies files, they consent to the novation by their action of storing my personal information. (its my personal information, Right?)

In contract law and business law, novation is the act of either replacing an obligation to perform with a new obligation, or replacing a party to an agreement with a new party. In contrast to an assignment, which is valid so long as the obligee (person receiving the benefit of the bargain) is given notice, a novation is valid only with the consent of all parties to the original agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back