Unfair firing after re-hired by "Cruela" type Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joelo

Hi folks;

I've done a lot of research on my situation but thought I'd get some last feedback on this troublesome issue.

I worked for a Non-Profit, was hired in '01 as Maintenance 2. I was a "model employee" w/ outstanding annual evaluations, promoted to Supv in '04, given a severance pay offer in late '07 b/c the 2 facilities merged into 1 & the other Supv w/ seniority given the new position @ the newly reconstructed facility. At the time, my Supv was this particular lady Director w/ a ton of yrs under her belt in a City Work Force. We had no problems w/ our work relationship. I got 2 calls to visit the new place and see her. It turns out that the other Supv suddenly quit and she made me an offer to return. I was warned by a friend that this lady had changed but I accepted the job anyway (like a dope). To make a long story short........... we clashed, butted heads as she was overly demanding and forcing the staff to take-on more administrative duties including myself. I had more than enough to resolve a ton of issues w/ faulty systems & other problems that were left behind, nevertheless, I absorbed it & kept complied w/ everything required of me, solving the issues one at a time. One day she presented me w/ a correctional form to sign (which I refused). I suspected something's up. I filed an internal complaint, met w/ her Supv, he took her side of course but did mention he was going to speak w/her. Anyway, 2 weeks later I was falsely arrested @ home (innocent bystander) as I was getting ready to leave for work. I spent Friday & the weekend incarcerated and when I returned to work that Monday, 2 hrs into my job I was fired by her as the Admin Mgr stood there waiting for me at her office also. I felt a conspiracy of some kind going on and when I asked her if the reason was b/c of my complaint, she saud "what complaint"? So I know someone's lying & bending the rules here. I filed a complaint w/ The Div Of Human Rights, a year & a half later after their mediocre investigation they determined that there was no wrongdoing. Oh! btw, the reason given to me in a letter a week after I was canned......."Lack of job performance". Only 98% of the entire staff would've said "that's horse manuer!" She stated to them during a meeting that I had departed and would be greatly missed.

Well, I took it as far as I could. It seemd to me that these 3 "Dirtbags" got away with it. The Director, her Supv & the Admin Mgr who is what they label "A brown noser". So, my question:) Is there more I could've done ? w/ plenty of money yeah, sure, I could've hired a PI if I had the funds.

Thanks very much:eek: for your comments, advice or other suggestions.

Naw, you did the best you could.

Now you move on and get a better job.

You do better work.

You make more money.

Screw them, its all about you now.

There are other jobs in this world, just as there are other fish in the sea.

Just move on, and forget these lying pieces of trash.

Agree with Army Judge. If you're asking whether this was a wrongful termination under the law for which you have legal recourse, the answer is a resounding no. File for unemployment and be glad you're out of such a toxic situation.

It is an honor to elaborate with you people. I couldn't agree more. I had written a letter to the CEO who byt the way was in my Front Line Leadership class when he was hired and knew who I was. His reply was (no surprise) that I was let-go because I failed my initial eval or didn't meet the standards....blah, blah, blah! Of course, I know this is what they told him. I'm going to send him one last short letter explaining that I only wanted him to be aware of it & of the underhanded, immoral practices going on at this so called "Faith Based Org."

Thanks so very much for your advise & suggestion. I've been collecting benefits and relentless in my job searches.

~Best Regards :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back