Unemployment Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceannric

Backstory: I live and work in PA. A few months ago I voluntarily quit my job, citing safety concerns as my reason (it was a furniture delivery company) and filed for unemployment. The Unemployment Office made a determination that I was eligible for benefits, and I began collecting. At the last minute in which they could, the company filed an appeal to try and reverse my eligibility determination, and a hearing has been scheduled.

Query: My former supervisor was fired two weeks after I quit, and I have asked if he would attend the hearing as my witness that what I claimed about safety issues had some merit--he is hesitating, fearful that this might jeopardize any recommendations he might get from the company in pursuit of a new career. Are his fears justified? As I understand it, the company cannot negatively modify any recommendations based on his testifying against them in a non-related case such as my Unemployment hearing, or they would open themselves up to legal repercussions. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back