underage female dating 22 year old middle eastern man online

Edwin Hunter

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Ok so this is a slightly convoluted story so I'll explain as best I can. I also have chat logs to back this information up that I can post if needed.

So I have a female friend, her name is Jen, and she is sixteen. She is currently and has been dating a 22 year old man living in the middle east long distance for the following two years. He has caused her to self harm, send sexually explicit photographs and is in general controlling her life. I have tried everything I can short of contacting local authorities with this as I am unsure how seriously I will be taken.

My question is this; is there anything that can be done to block contact between these two on legal grounds of pedophilia, child abuse, or similar charges. I am severely concerned for her well-being but nothing I say is having any affect. Please respond with as much information as you can provide. Any assistance is appreciated

If the man is not in the US options may be limited as far as law enforcement goes. However, for all anyone knows he actually is in the US.
The easiest solution here is to inform her parents and allow them to handle the matter.
You can also report anonymously to social services and they can investigate.

Ok so this is a slightly convoluted story so I'll explain as best I can. I also have chat logs to back this information up that I can post if needed.

So I have a female friend, her name is Jen, and she is sixteen. She is currently and has been dating a 22 year old man living in the middle east long distance for the following two years. He has caused her to self harm, send sexually explicit photographs and is in general controlling her life. I have tried everything I can short of contacting local authorities with this as I am unsure how seriously I will be taken.

My question is this; is there anything that can be done to block contact between these two on legal grounds of pedophilia, child abuse, or similar charges. I am severely concerned for her well-being but nothing I say is having any affect. Please respond with as much information as you can provide. Any assistance is appreciated

Edwin Hunter, who are you in this mess?

Edwin Hunter, how are you so knowledgeable about the comings and goings of a teenage girl?

Edwin Hunter, are you a teenage boy, or an adult male?

She is currently and has been dating a 22 year old man living in the middle east long distance for the following two years.

If they're in different countries, then they aren't "dating" (at least not by any normal definition of that word). Also, what does "for the following two years" mean. Are you saying that this 16 year old has been involved in an online relationship since she was 14?

He has caused her to self harm, send sexually explicit photographs and is in general controlling her life.

He "caused her" to do these things? Seeing as how this man is apparently on the other side of the world, what exactly does that mean?

I have tried everything I can short of contacting local authorities with this as I am unsure how seriously I will be taken.

So...you told the girl's parents what's happening? What did they do in response? Why would you refrain from taking action solely because of uncertainty about "how seriously [you] will be taken." That's a rather absurd reason not to do something that requires virtually no effort, don't you think?

is there anything that can be done to block contact between these two on legal grounds of pedophilia, child abuse, or similar charges.

Yes. The girl's parents can take away her access to the devices she is using to communicate with this man. Did you really not know that?

Yeah I wonder how you know so much about this girl too. Also why wouldn't you call the police? You can make anonymous tips.

Back