1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Under medical care and my job is threatning to terminate my job

Discussion in 'Termination: Firing & Resignation' started by Ewilliams, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Ewilliams

Ewilliams Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Virginia
    I have been employed at First Data Corp. for 13 yrs. and now I'm under mental Care with my doctor and now my job is being threatned to terminate me.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

An employer doesn't need to threaten an employee with termination, unless she or he enjoys pouring salt into open, bleeding wounds.

I suppose some people do enjoy being cruel.

Anyway, an employer can choose to terminate any employee without warning, without explanation, or because she or he enjoys hurting those under them.

Even an employment contract won't keep you employed, although it could keep the money flowing.

3. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

So, what has happened that your job is being threatened? How much time have you missed? Has the quality of your work suffered? Have their been complaints about you? What's going on?

4. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Do you & your employer qualify for FMLA? We don't have much information here - more details would be helpful.