uncontested divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeangelo

the plaintiff is [my client] seeking an uncontested divorce there are no children nor does either party wish for any monetary gain both want out of an unhealthy marriage that has endured for several years . the papers are prepared everything is ready except neither plaintiff nor defendant can produce a social security card they both are from south america they have been here for approx one year plus. how can i proceed when the department of health states that one is needed...is there any other way around this as the husband is a very cruel & thoughtless spouse domestic relations law 170:
constructive abandonment , the plaintiffs life has been an ongoing act of cruel & inhuman treatment please advise as how to move forward with this case thank you ever so much
advocate queens county new york

Last edited:
What does the Department of Health have to do with this? You file for divorce in court. Does the court ask for your SSN?

I'm curious - is the plaintiff your client? Are you a lawyer?

no in not a lawyer as i signed im an advocate ..yes the plaintiff is a client of the outreach i work for we help people in need ...the court application included a document that was for the use of the department of health in case children are involved though they do not have any ....do you have legal knowledge ..we only study intake & social crisis & justice for the indignant

If there's no children, then maybe there's no need to fill out the DoH form.

I have some legal knowledge, but I have no knowledge of family procedure in New York. I would suggest you contact the DoH or the court clerk to see whether the DoH form is required.

dear dee
thank you ...though they give no info over the phone & i went in person they are beyond rude....that is why i tried this site ..hopefully i can find out something before monday when i will return to court & present all the other required documents..should you know of anyone who can prehaps know this answer please let me know thank you so very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back