trying to take our parental rights..HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowley

Its a long storey, let me start by saying me and my husband have been married for 14 years and have 4 children together. About ten years ago my husband commited a crime(was not a minor) and is now a sex offender. All these years later and we are having issues with my teenage daughter who is 14. She stealing, lying, and acting out. She lies so bad that I dont know what to believe anymore. She tells people in school (and parents) that she is pregnant...which she is not. Even to the exteme of telling them when she is due and having a girl. She says she makes herself throw up, and cuts. A lot of what I have noticed is she tries to take something someone has and makes it hers. I dont know if this is something mentally wrong with her. Well thing is I let her get on facebook so she started talking to many people. I found out through other people that she is saying that she has been molested since she was 5 or 6 by her dad. Her and I write notes back and fourth and I was trying to get it out of her and she eventually she told me this..I believe because my friend told her she would have to tell me if she did not. When she told me, I asked my husband to leave until we got her checked out. He did, the very next day CPS was called out. I told the lady all whats going on, and all I wanted to know was the truth. I was not siding with anyone. This is my daughter and I would hate to think she would lie on her own dad like this. CPS suggested taking her to her pediatrician someone who knows her, but I also had to of course take her to a OBGYN, cause she also at the time told me she had sex with one other boy. At either dr, nothing was found. I talked with a juvenile detective and he suggested giving my husband a poly graph test. I was like....thats great. My husband willng went and took the test. He passed it. Was told he could come home. That very night after my boys practice (we all went except my daughter who was grounded for the theift) She was acting goofy, I was like are U on drugs, joking said it but thats really what it seemed like. That night she gives me a notebook. I put it aside cause sad to say everything she was telling me...about the one boy..turns out many boys. She stole from me. Took off on me while her dad was away. She keeps saying she wanted to leave and live with someone else. Later that night before I went to bed..I read the notebook and it said, he did it again and I cant take it anymore. Not that time really matters on whether its true or not he was alone maybe 10 min when my nephew came back to our house. That next day at work, my husband called saying police came took cushions, her clothing she was wearing. she is claiming he raped her. CPS took all my kids from me. Saying I did nothing. my daughter is claiming that he said to her he took medications to relax himself to pass the test. In her note to me she said Erika( her cousin, her newfound best friend) says there are ways to pass it. Alot dont add up to me. Because he is a sex offender they are using that against him. IF there was any proof they would have already came to arrest him. I am not sure what to do and how do I get my kids back. My husband says if it came down to it, he would move out and sign his rights over to me. but will that be enough. Any help would greatly be appreciated. They sent her for a psych evaluation...Oh yeah cause she was saying she was going to kill herself, and did start cutting herself. ....Need my kids, they are my world. HELP ME! Worries mother!

Also my daughter stealing episode, she is facing a felony charge.

Bay, this is why I hate CPS.

Wrowley,

Get an attorney RIGHT NOW. Do not talk with CPS at all period. CPS has absolutely overstepped their authority if you are telling the entire story. I don't care what your husband did, they certainly do not have any reason to take your other children. I personally would have my daughter committed until she is declared stable.

The only thing you said that worries me is: "I dont know if this is something mentally wrong with her." Are you serious? She is a pathological liar, she is delusional, she is manipulative, and she is trying to put your husband in jail for something you know he didn't do. You WONDER if their is something mentally wrong with her?

I"m not a psychologist but she sounds like she is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder. She is very dangerous to the rest of the family.

I absolutely hate the way CPS deals with this crap. In about 3 months my book on CPS will be published. I wish I could give you one now.

Good luck.

His sex offense case was against an adult..like 30 years old when he was 23. It happened in 1998, he was sentences to 5 years probation..1st year in jail, he served maybe 6 months. Went to counseling, paid his fines...and has been registering ever since and has to for 25 years. If I knew then what I knew now, we would have paid for an attorney somehow instead of a state one, he would not even have this record.

I have thought about the personality thing seriously, but when I did I was thinking dont pesonality disorders usually happen to people are abused through out their lives. She also acts unusal at times and I have become my own detective by snooping, As a parent I think I have all rights to do that. Not only have a found notes saying she is pregnant. She also has been caught playing with my younger daughter (who is 7 ) baby dolls. Iwas thinking when I was 14 would I of done that. No way. She tried to claim the dolls and beds were in her room because she was playing with her sister, However we all came home from a football game one day ..she was the only one here and she was sitting on the coach with a baby doll. The day she claims the incident happened that night was acting like she was on drugs. She was giggling and acting strange. I tried in the begining to do what I should do and I took the steps I should have. In the court paperwork..there is two different stories from the same day. My mother in law I believe is a pathological liar...she has in her past claimed to be pregnant and faked miscarriages, she collecting money from her work because she said her grand child was ill and needed surgery. She did it again when my son had to go for an EKG, and we found he had a regular irregular heart beat...we found out about her collecting money cause the coaches came up to us and asked about him. Said someone wanted to know where to send donations. IS this hereditary?

I know U are not a doctor, just trying to get opinions on the situation. Trying to make sense out of something that dont make sense at all. We have seperate attorneys now. both from the state. I have court tomorrow (probable cause hearing) which they really dont need I guess cause their evidence is her word. What I cant understand is how this can even happen when the there are two stories in the court paperwork. After this court date I think I am going to talk to an attorney who is more for me, my court appointed one did not even talk to me before court. Thanks for your help!

Have another question maybe someone else can answer, Can a poly graph test be taken on a 14 year old in family court, the detective in our city know he could not do one on her for criminal court but he said she may be able to take one in familycourt. my husband is contacting his lawyer on this but was hoping for a fast response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back