1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by tehani, May 20, 2016.

  1. tehani

    tehani Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I have missed enough days of school that they have decided to file truancy and take me to court; they do not do this to all of their students who have missed as much and more days and periods as I have but my counselor is not particularly fond of me so she filed it; anyways my question is if I drop out of high school before they can take me to court are they still going to take me to court
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If you're an adult, as in age 18 or older, why not make it easy on your self and disenroll?

    If you did, and enrolled in a GED program (or a community college), bring your proof and the judge would probably dismiss the case.

    Don't fight them, appear to seek a compromise, and make it all go away.

    Even if you were 17, you'd probably receive the same result.

    Legally in HI, due to recent legislation, you must be 18 to drop out easily.

    HI is in the top five of states with high drop out rates. That's why the state aggressively seeks to retain people in your position. Just be persistent, and it'll all work out.

    No matter, make sure you get that GED, no matter what else you do.

Share This Page