Transfer Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosdef

Custody of my daughter was given to her Grandparents because both my ex and I were to young to handle the responsibility of raising a child. In the Court papers there is a clause that I am not required to pay child support.

My Daughter is now 17 and will be 18 in six months. Apparently Child Protective services gave temporary custody to her mom, because of situations in the home. The Mother filed a Petition for Termination of Guardianship, this petition states that full custody of my daughter is given to her mother.

Grandparents, Child and Mother live in California and I live in Texas.

Questions:

1) If I sign the Petition for Termination of Guardianship, does this mean that I agree in giving all rights to her mother?

2) If all rights are given to her mother, does that mean that the original custody papers in reference to my visitation rights and no child support are null and void?

3) If so, does that mean that she needs to file new custody papers in reference to my visitation rights and child support for the following six months?

4) Or, will she be entitled to child support automatically?

Comments:

Please, understand that I provided for my daughter, I just want to protect myself from her mothers greed. I truly appreciate any advice I might get.

Thank You...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back