Told/signed 9hr paid 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNuncio

I just recently stopped working at conn's appliances last week for personal reasons but during my time there I noticed I wasn't being paid what I was told I would when hired. I remember signing a document stating I would get 8.90 something just right below 9. I remember because I thought to myself how cheap of a company do you have to be to not give me a few more pennies and round off to 9? Also they took 200$ out of my paycheck to pay for the 2 coats they measured and made for us but my coats were not the correct size. I'm a 47ish and when we went to the men's warehouse the guy said 50, but I was given a 42. So I asked my manager and he said they would just send back my old ones and give me correct ones. They did, multiple times, always the same incorrect size. Since I don't believe I will be returning to that store(been a week now) and haven't given them my 2 weeks notice, is there any hope these issues could be resolved in my favor? Like a refund of the 200$ and he dollar roughly they owe me every hour there or at least the correct size coats? Thank you for any help you can give me.

By not giving your notice, you fall under job abandonment when it comes to your separation from the company. If you were told you needed to purchase your jacket when you started working and accepted that as part of your employment terms, then you can't have the money refunded to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back