Medical Malpractice Titlepossible medical malpractice or abondonment ,breach of conract

Status
Not open for further replies.

peace

if you had eyeiid surgery last 1 2010 and it worsens the situation but doctor still wants to repair it but doctor tells you,you must wait months until he can do more surgeryandon 1/26/2011 emails you to tell you hes getting his own practice,wont be until may,2011,wants to see me in april 2011,april 2011 contact dr through email to find out when to see him and he dosent respond emailed 2more times no response,and didnt get results he told me I would get is there anything legally I can do?would statue of limitations go on date of last surgery or email from doctor on 1/26/11stating he was still going to do the surgery but had to wait untill the eyelids settled down a few months could this be considered continuous treatment? also was this a breach of contract,abandonment of patient please help thank you

if you had eyeiid surgery last 1 2010 and it worsens the situation but doctor still wants to repair it but doctor tells you,you must wait months until he can do more surgeryandon 1/26/2011 emails you to tell you hes getting his own practice,wont be until may,2011,wants to see me in april 2011,april 2011 contact dr through email to find out when to see him and he dosent respond emailed 2more times no response,and didnt get results he told me I would get is there anything legally I can do?would statue of limitations go on date of last surgery or email from doctor on 1/26/11stating he was still going to do the surgery but had to wait untill the eyelids settled down a few months could this be considered continuous treatment? also was this a breach of contract,abandonment of patient please help thank you

If there is any basis for a lawsuit, it would probably be found under medical malpractice.

But, hat is of no concern or moment to you.

I suggest you speak with a couple medical malpractice attorneys in your county.

Discuss and describe your problem, let them analyze it, and offer you direction.

I suggest you do this without delay, because the SOL is normally two years in these cases.

However, that allows exceptions, such as when you FIRST notice symptoms or problems.

Get thee to a medical malpractice attorney and see what advice you can glean.

If you have a case, a good medical malpractice attorney will take the matter on contingency, essentially he receives nothing; if he fails to prevail for you.

New York - Medical malpractice actions must be filed within thirty months of the date of the act or omission that gave rise to the injury occurred. For malpractice actions based upon the presence of a foreign object within the body of a patient, the action must be filed within one year of the date that the foreign object was or should have been discovered. Other professional negligence actions are governed by a three year statute of limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back