Threatening to kill someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphafat

I have this kid in my class (im in high school) and he kept making fun of me, i threatened to shoot him but he told the principal and i admited it, it was the first time i did it and we have to file a police report. If they pressed charges how many years could i get if i plead guilty(even that my anti-depressents, mood stabalizers and some other med makes me have homicidal thoughts)

You need to learn 2 lessons from this: NEVER run your mouth and threaten someone and Once you have done something wrong NEVER admit to it, talk to an attorney. Stop worrying about what you are going to get and be quiet. Get an attorney if they arrest you, do what he or she says. In the mean time, refuse to talk to anyone about it. Period.

Ya, but i have around 10 other people hear it too, and i think their going to press charges, how long, if i was convicted, would i spend it juvie

That's up to a Judge. Yes you are going to get a juvenile charge. You likely will not spend any time in detention. You will likely get counseling, community service, possibly a fine and sometimes if you are really bad 7-10 lashes with a wet rattan cane. Aside from the scarring on your back, and the excruciating pain, there are no lasting effects.

No. Not if you are tried as a juvenile. It will be part of your juvenile record but not your adult one.

Controlling your tongue and temper will be a lifetime problem. It is for all of us.

Ya, but i have around 10 other people hear it too, and i think their going to press charges, how long, if i was convicted, would i spend it juvie

If you are between the ages of 13 and 16 years old, have two hands, two legs, and a head (with hair); you usually get life at a state prison.

But, if you're born on a day of the week that ends in "Y", they'll lecture you and give you probation.

For this to be a serious criminal offense in CA the state would have to show that the victim believed you intended to carry out the threat, and, that you were believed to be capable of carrying out the threat (had access to a firearm).

Criminal threats (PC 422) is a serious, violent felony that is rarely charged in the circumstances you describe. I suspect your greatest fear will come from the school authorities which could expel you for the comment.

To be on the safe side, your parents should speak to a criminal defense attorney just in case.

Will this go on a perment record?
Actually, if charged and convicted of PC 422 (Criminal threats) it would be a strikeable offense and would NOT just go away when you became an adult. It would remain on your state criminal offender record until a judge might decide that your record should be sealed. Even then, it does not go away it only becomes more difficult o access.

Based on how the info is presented, there is no criminal charge to worry about. At best the police will document the incident in case something does happen later, and the family of the other kid will be advised of options ot get a restraining order against you... however this incident will be handled entirely by the school administration. They won't take kindly to such threats. They could suspend you or move you to an alternative school if they think it is necessary, but if this was really just an incident that boiled over and you let something stupid fly out of your mouth (and there isn't an extensive disciplinary history with you) then it will likely go away.

Next time just make fun of his mom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back