the state took my kids just by saying i used drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandice

The state said I abused and neglected my kids because of drug use and claimed that when I took my 16 year old sin to his court aooerance in juvinile court I was high on Meth. That day they took my kids and wouldn't ua. Me I calked the next day and they didn't give me one either but still claim that is why my kids were removed because I was high on Meth. What do I do? The state is wring and I want my kids but how do I fight them with no money and once they already basicallky convicted me? I have not went in Denver to set up a case plan because I feel I need a lawyer with me but is this the right thing to do or is it bad for me in the end? Help please

Get an attorney on board - because if you don't complete the suggested case plan you have virtually no chance of getting the kids.

If you can't afford a lawyer, try your local legal aid society, local or state bar assoc. for a possible referral to a no cost/low cost lawyer or your local law school if there is one in your area.

If CPS would seek to terminate your parental rights, then you could ask the court to appoint you a lawyer. That doesn't seem to be the case at this time though.

Wyoming social services, familiarize yourself with THEIR rules and appeals processes.

http://dfsweb.wyo.gov/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back