The laws in MN for threating texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candielette

Hello, heres the thing:

My little sister (now 18) keeps getting threating text messages telling her to go to places so that they can jump her, beat her up...ect.
She knows the girls, she just doesnt know what shes doing wrong to make these girls (and some guys) wanna beat her up. Now she stays inside all day cleaning my house.

While she was out with my mom for her birthday, I looked over and some guy iv never seen before walked up to my back door looked in the window and notcied me then walked away. My husband then opend the door and out side were 3 girls and 1 guy (drunk and only about 17-18 years old) They asked if my sister was home, my husband said no then slamed the door. Later we found out that the guy was showing those girls where my little sister lived so that they can beat her up at home. not aware that she lived with her older sister and her husband.

Im getting tired of this, im getting ready to move and i wanna settle this. I dont wanna worry about my little sister getting jumped everytime she leaves the house.

I was told that in MN theres not much you can do if you get threating text messages. Is this true? what can i do? this seems like a big group of people and even tho iv told them i would get the cops involved they tell me they dont care. please let me know if there is anything i can do. thank you!

I suggest you call the police if the thugs reappear on your premises. Alternatively, you could take the messages to your local prosecutor and ask for guidance.

I would suggest that you refrain from any self help remedies. Self help usually gets you into more trouble. It is always better to let law enforcement attend these cretins. Otherwise, you might end up in the hoosegow facing criminal charges and a civil lawsuit. Don't take matters into your own hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back