the child's father knowing the address

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeg00

If a married couple has been separated for 2 or more years and have not filed for divorce or legal separation does the father have to know by law the address where the child and mother is living? the reason i ask me and my gf just moved to a new location and she does not want to give him the address because she is afraid of him, when they were together he was abusive and she's afraid if he knows he'll tear the apartment up. so now he's telling her he's going to take her to court so he knows the address. now i remind you he doesn't even see the child by choice.

She can not hide the child from him without a court order. If she feels threatened by him she needs to call the police and get a restraining order. He may not have seen the child by choice for the last two years, if you ask him he may say she wouldn't let him. The problem here is that no one is taking care of business. Get a divorce, get a custody order, get a judge involved.

It's not very convincing to say she is afraid of him but hasn't called the police and gotten a restraining order. It isn't very convincing to say he doesn't want to see the kids but he is willing to go to court to get her address. It isn't very convincing to be so very concerned but unwilling to do what needs to be done.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but when it does get before a judge, those are going to be his/her doubts on the story.

You're very invested in this OP.

People often lie to other people for the strangest reasons.

You should are supportive of this woman, as you she must have been of you.

But, this is going to get icky and sticky.

You should trust but verify her story.

Things may not be as she alleges.

The man should be allowed to see his kid.

Do not aid her in hiding the child from him.

There are things being withheld from you.

Get the WHOLE story before this goes too far.

If people are in fear for their safety, the police are always available!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back