Text and or Pics

H

helpmetoday2016

Jurisdiction
New York
we had a coworker a guy who text us all then saved texts and pics to later use against us..Any time he doesn't get his way he threatens to post text messages and or pics on facebook or show other coworkers .Is there anything legal that can be done to stop him from doing this..It's been at least 2 years ago that some of us even talk/text him or whatever..And he has posted a few of peoples already they are taking down now though because people wrote to facebook..

Keep to yourself, do your job, don't socialize at work, stay busy all shift long.

When you're working, there's no time for shenanigans.

If he posts text or photos intended to harass you on Facebook, you can complain to Facebook as others have done. And they may choose to suspend his account, which they can do as well. I don't know the substance of the text and photos which make this of such concern so I can't comment further.

If he posts text or photos intended to harass you on Facebook, you can complain to Facebook as others have done. And they may choose to suspend his account, which they can do as well. I don't know the substance of the text and photos which make this of such concern so I can't comment further.
A few peoples are sexual talks they had , others are just personal conversation about other people or life etc . He was turned in once but he took it off before they could see !

Wouldn't your employer be irate if he know one of his employees was harassing other employees so that it could impact upon their comfort and/or performance at the workplace?
They know but they cant do anything about facebook I was just wondering if theres anything that the peoppe involved can do on a legal basis to stop him

A few peoples are sexual talks they had , others are just personal conversation about other people or life etc . He was turned in once but he took it off before they could see !
Is this the right forum my question should be posted in because it is from someone at work but even if we didnt work together i just need to know is there some legal action that could be taken that can make him stop threatening to post and or show text to anyone ? and /or pics thank you

Is this the right forum my question should be posted in because it is from someone at work but even if we didnt work together i just need to know is there some legal action that could be taken that can make him stop threatening to post and or show text to anyone ? and /or pics thank you

You can't, nor can the law make a person STOP doing something.
All the law can do is charge a person with a crime, put him/her on trial, and punish the person if she/he is convicted.

You can, as can I, IGNORE the person, then no matter what he/she does; it won't affect you.

Forget trying to make a person stop threatening you, just stop listening to him.
There's nothing you can do, nor can your employer, even if he's fired, he can still threaten to do something.
Ignore him, block him from your life, and then whatever he does, it won't matter.

Murder and rape are two of thousands of crimes.
Murders are committed daily all over this country, and so are rapes.
The law can't stop evil, nor can it ban stupidity.

As a kid, I would tell my dad so and so called me such and such.
My dad would say, "You don't have to listen. If you don't listen, you won't know. Even if you hear, pretend you didn't."

You can't, nor can the law make a person STOP doing something.
All the law can do is charge a person with a crime, put him/her on trial, and punish the person if she/he is convicted.

You can, as can I, IGNORE the person, then no matter what he/she does; it won't affect you.

Forget trying to make a person stop threatening you, just stop listening to him.
There's nothing you can do, nor can your employer, even if he's fired, he can still threaten to do something.
Ignore him, block him from your life, and then whatever he does, it won't matter.

Murder and rape are two of thousands of crimes.
Murders are committed daily all over this country, and so are rapes.
The law can't stop evil, nor can it ban stupidity.

As a kid, I would tell my dad so and so called me such and such.
My dad would say, "You don't have to listen. If you don't listen, you won't know. Even if you hear, pretend you didn't."
THANK YOU

I kind of like it when someone threatens. Mostly because I know it's usually just talk, and/or I know that I haven't done anything to be scared of. My usual response is along the lines of "take your best shot" or "Oh well, you gotta do what you think you gotta do." Now if someone at work was really threatening me to "get their way" I would be reporting that immediately.

Stop gossiping at work. Assume that any text/email/FB post/tweet/video/picture will be made public. If you can't understand why, you haven't been following the election at all.

Back